Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday - Welcome to November

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good-morning112.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	30895

Brrrr, it's a cold and frosty morning here for me, Folksies! I heard on the news that the Great Smokey Mtns got another two foot of snow. Good grief. I am not saying that it is that cold here; obviously not but we did get a freeze. I think I only left a few plants outside that I am hoping won't bite the bullet. Dragging them in every year is making me wonder if I really want to keep these pretty things that give me such satisfaction. hmmm. I ain't ready to give up on gardening - indoors or out - yet. Just need to find a good place to keep them all happy. Sigh. As women, do you ever find yourself in the always trying to make someone or two or three happy? Yep, I won that t shirt eons ago and guess what? I must have a drawer full of them from years past. I do enjoy my green babies.

Okay, so it is November 1st. That means last night for the majority of this country little munchkins dressed up for trick or treat. Many just do "trunk or treat" in church/school parking lots these day and some still have fun in suburbs - care to share any pics with us?

I want to throw a reminder out there to all the Secret Santa Buddies - get your sleigh in gear and oiled up. Give the reindeer some extra goodies to munch on while you are finishing up your parcel. Internationals should have theirs in the mail within the next week. The rest of you can start mailing anytime you want with the last mail off date being the first of December.

Still praying for those hardest hit by that storm. It is so very tragic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107734616056857404_ucwZoLN8_c.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	30896
    so, go ahead and SMILE!!!!!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday - Welcome to November

Morning Blondie, I just keep on praying...hoping we will hear soon from our forum friends who haven't check in yet....Steve luckily has been west of all of it...I am so glad he changed companies or he could have been smack dab in the middle of it! Selfish of me I know, but thankful none the less. Will be going to bed soon, his sister evidently didn't need a ride to work or I would have heard by now...which means I can get some sleep myself. Have been keeping busy though...stitching away!
    Will continue to pray for all those in need...hugs to everyone....I am going to bed....

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mouse and blondie ..l'm here alot but you just dont hear from me.....as its hard to type at the moment with a numb right hand and arm.......and my hand is often weak ....hope everyone is doing well ........Lisa
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Blondie I have a few of those "pleased to please" tee shirts too. I haven't earned as many in latter years...maybe I'm getting more ornery as I age! We didn't have any trick or treaters last night. That's two years in a row so I'm thinking my days of giving treats to spooks are over. I love to see the kids but I'll be glad not to have leftover candy around to tempt me.
    Wishing everyone a great Nov 1...can you believe it's already November?
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Happy November....so you realize that Christmas is next month!! Please don't throw things at me unless it's fat quarters!!

Thanks for the reminder, Blondie. I will get my package in the mail tomorrow. I still want to make a table runner to hopefully stuff into her box. This has been a fun project.

I got nothing done yesterday other than grocery shopping and phone calls. Today I WILL clean the TV room and whatever else I can squeeze into this day.

My best wishes and prayers are with everyone touched by Sandy. Hugs, Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning...

Well another day has started at work....lot's to do today. I can't believe it's November already...time to start the holiday cleaning & planning. Need to be getting my package finished up for my SSS in the next couple of weeks.

When I get home today I'll probably spend most of the evening working on my DD's quilt - going slow with all the decorative stitching on it. Maybe she'll have the quilt before winter is over

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....prayers and hugs for all. Extra prayers being said for our east coast friends that we haven't heard from.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaau View Post
    Hi Mouse and blondie ..l'm here alot but you just dont hear from me.....as its hard to type at the moment with a numb right hand and arm.......and my hand is often weak ....hope everyone is doing well ........Lisa
    Lisa, it is good to hear from you - I have been thinking about you - be well my little friend from down under!
    Everyone, have a Happy Sunshiny Day!!!!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I was up at 2 this morning but did manage to get back to sleep around 4. JEEZ!! We had about 24 little ones here last night. They were so cute.

I had an appointment with a dietician yesterday. She told me I was obese. YA THINK!! Now what I have to do is cut out FAT!! So starting this whole new way of eating. My eating is not that bad as hubby is diabetic but I still have work to do. We will see how I do in the next month.

I have no idea what today will bring. Usually if I plan something it all falls into the water anyway. So I will just wing it.

Have a wonderful start to the month, friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, good to hear from you...hope you feel better soon...will continue to pray for you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! Quite nippy this morning but I am sure it is going to warm to another glorious day here in the Ozarks with temps close to 70. Yesterday was beautiful. Spent some time outside just admiring the sunshine and "playing" with the dogs. They decided they wanted to play Hide 'n Seek and it took me forever to find where they had run off too! DH has mowed a few paths around the property and TarButt gets it in her head that she NEEDS to explore them and Gator just naturally has to follow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't know what is on the agenda today. I want to get some sewing done. But we still haven't been to town. It is really bad when neither one of us want to get off the mountain! I swear we both could be hermits here and never leave if we had a milk cow and some chickens for eggs we could stay here for a long time! But today we know we have to get to town because the refrigerator cow dried up! LOL! Plus I need to buy some popcorn so I can pop some to watch the Country Music Awards tonight and watch my man Blake Shelton and my girl Miranda Lambert/Shelton win awards

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom