Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Housekeeping/Quilting/Depression

This post has gotten a lot more attention than I ever expected it to receive, I am so very glad I started it....and I have learned somethings along the way....one of the ladies posted on another thread about her blitz...similar to what I had posted and she referred to my post....I was sharing this with one of my customers who is going through a rough time with a close family relative who is in a nursing home at 48 years of age and stated she would be sharing with others what I had shared with her...part of which was the "blitz", I didn't mention the name of this forum...just stated I had posted online and the response I have gotten...so thank you to who ever coined the term "blitz" because it is catching on here! Love all of you and thanks for the big response!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have to put myself on a schedule like you have just to get anything accomplished. I am not depressed just overloaded with so many things to do. When I am depressed I need to get away from people. The best pick me up for me is a walk in the woods with my dogs. I have had so many people offer to come with me or ask where I go or if they can join me and the truth is "NO" they can't. When I need to get into the woods alone that is what I need. Sometimes when I am tired, overwhelmed or whatever I look off my deck into our woods and feel a yearning/craving so strong for the woods that I have to force myself to finish dinner or whatever it is that I am doing.

Just remember that you are not alone. Some of us relate. As for feeling guilty for sewing? I used to feel that way until I saw how much my hubby appreciated what I make. His favorite winter jammies are the ones I made him 7 yrs ago. Today he was checking out the quilts at the cracker barrel restaurant and declared that my first quilt (haven't even put the binding on yet) is better than the c*** that they were selling from China. As long as someone appreciates what you sew you have no reason to feel guilty. That included you!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

thankyou so much susie for your thread...depression is something i deny to everyone and myself everyday, but i couldve written your post word for word...everyone suspects but at the same time they expect me to always be THE one, the funny one, the bright one, the coping one, the listening one, the caring one, the everything to everyone one...its just some days i cant put on the mask, and only others who suffer depression know what i mean...i love this forum but there are threads i avoid...i cant deal with illness or grief AT ALL...how dumb is that?...anyway, im glad i found this place and will always try to help and share in any way i can...and always there for anyones whos had a bad day..love you guys!!...pami