• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aliaslaceygreen
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

I love you ... all of you!

Just wanted to toss that out there.
    I have been here under a year. I am sometimes a chatty Patty, and sometimes lurk about.

I learn things, I pray, I cry for you ... I sometimes roll my eyes, even.

But I have to tell you, that despite our little flare ups of temper (call it PMS, whatever your age) we all get along, we agree to disagree and we don't toe such a tight little line about stuff that doesn't matter.

This isn't the only place I hang out. This isn't the speediest of boards, sometimes the same threads are one page one ALL day!

There is another place I try to hang out at. But I just can't seem to find my way there without raising my blood pressure, and then, WANTING to create problems, just to see if I can get sent to the principal's office. I was sent there, AGAIN, today.

I had the unmitigated nerve to ask/suggest that maybe a separate board be posted for games (which overwhelm the non-topic section).... First, I posted it in general ...which was moved because it needed to be in Help. Then, when other people began agreeing with me, it was deleted!!!

The other day, I posted about Houston...that seems safe, no?
    No. Again, wrong forum. Must be moved.

Last week, I used the word rant in the subject line and the moderator CHANGED my title!!!

So. I think I have learned my lesson. Stay here and read and play and be friends, or go QUILT but stay off that other board!!!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: I love you ... all of you!

TRISH:

Now you know for certain why you keep coming back here over and over, why we love YOU so much, why the DOANS mean so much to us, why this is the ONLY forum I visit any more . . . and why I love so many people here (okay, I hate to admit it in public . . . even YOU).

What a wonderful post!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Doloris
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

ah so that was you causing all that trouble over on "the other board". LOL. I also go there sometimes, but it is too strict, and there always seems to be some virus or other nasty stuff trying to get you
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2011

Trish, I've always loved your forum name and would love to know the story behind both it and the awesome picture you have as your avatar. Do you have a story to tell us?
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• shannonsaulter
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2012

Trish,
          What a great Post..you just made my day..I even check the board from work..I play and socialize on Facebook but I love the help and ideas people have given me here..I may have only been here a few Weeks but feel very welcome..
          Thanks,
          These things, I warmly wish for you-
          Someone to love, some work to do,
          A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
          And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´
          ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
          http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

This is a special forum...we truly are family, a family where there is room for everyone. We are from such diverse backgrounds, even different generations and we are able to share our passion for quilting, rant and rave a little, uplift those who are having troubles and still leave smiling. We really make a difference in each others lives. This forum changes lives....I'm thankful for each and every one of you.....With love, Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• auntiemern
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

This is the only forum I have ever belonged to, and am happy every day that I have this amazing place to visit. It is a place to call home. True friendships, that are made, and love shared between strangers that have one common bond. The love of quilting. But as you all know, this place is so much more than that. I can't imagine my life without all of you in it, anymore. I love you all too. Thanks Trish for this post.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Yes! Thanks to you all! This is what I mean. If I had posted this THERE, it would have
                A, been deleted, or
                B moved to the section where one is allowed to have personal convo (why they have an OT section confounds me!! LOL)

I have never been a trouble maker, but I just want to push buttons there sometimes....just to see what idiocy occurs!

cyndi--
                Aliaslaceygreen is just that. My AKA! My husband and I met on line in 2000. I used the name Chantilly Lace at the site I was at. He shortened it to Lacey.... and when we married, my married name was Green... so....as I refused to be called Lacey Casey-Green, I go by Trish still, or Lacey Green... or Trish Green (or, hey, you!!!!)

And Sandy, don't tell anyone else, but I love you too!!!
                ...Trish

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Oh, and the doll? Her name is Twitchy. I made her a number of years back. Her name came from a Fanfiction I wrote called Why So Twitchy, Babe? (I don't write FF anymore, but I used to be known as the queen of angst in the FF world for Stephanie Plum)

She is my muse. (and a fickle wench, too...)
                  ...Trish

Comment

• pcbatiks
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Great post Trish............I love this forum and the friends I have made too! I almost get a little panicky if we have problems with the internet occasionally and I can't get on MSQC site.......what's going on.......what are they up to.......I want to see what's going on! I just recommended this site to a co-worker of my DH today! Thanks to all of you for making this place so much fun!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Monique
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2011

Well said Trish. This is the ONLY forum I belong to. I did sign up with a few others way back when, I don't even remember where they were. This is now my HOME!!

I love everyone here too.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• bec
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2011

Glad you feel comfortable here. It is a great place, isn't it?
                        Bec

Comment

• Musical_Starling
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jun 2012

I love our "little" forum. Seems to get bigger every day though lol I don't know what other forums are out there, but there is one that pops up sometimes when I google a question. Not a fan of "stuffy", so I'll stay here thankyouverymuch
                          *Dee*
                          Believe
                          There Is
                          Good In The World

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

I signed up for another forum too....but I don't even remember the name LOL. I only have time for 1 forum so this is where I hang out.
                            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• Gayle8675309
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2011

I too have felt nothing but welcome and love from this forum. I don't post a whole lot, but usually read everyday, and am praying for many of our members. This is such a nice place to be.

Gayle
                              Gayle

Comment

Working...
                              X