Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ~ Tuesday Morning ~

Hello ladies! The little guy slept nicely last night.

Jan...if you haven't heard from Laura that IS a concern. Did she have an appt. today?
    And, please go buy a new springy thing!!

My husband got a paycheck...BBQ ribs and steamed veggies for dinner!!

Since the tutorial is done, and I still don't have white fabric, I am going to attempt to design my medallion quilt today. I'd like to have it done by the 15th. DREAM ON!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: ~ Tuesday Morning ~

OK I finally heard from Laura. She had a reaction to one of the meds they gave her. She has the shakes and a bad headache. She said to tell you that. She's resting.
    She said hi to everyone. Ok I feel better knowing what happened to her. At least she's going to be ok. She just needs to rest.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    ... Seeing quilt pattern designs in the cut of the arch. Of course, I think we all do that when looking at tiles in buildings, design in carpet, etc.
    Blondie, a few weeks ago in aerobics class we were bent over so facing the floor, and I commented to the woman next to me who also quilts, that someone had not lined up the seams on his floor tiles. We got a giggle from that.

This morning I joined the little squares to make the binding for my 4th of July table runner (are there any other patriotic holidays coming soon?) and am rereading how to do the corners and the ends. Wish me luck!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jan - thanks for the update on Laura! I was worried when I read your earlier post.
    Togpine - your sewing room sounds so nice! make sure to post some pics for us when you get it done. you've inspired me to work on some bookcases that I have at the top of our stairs to clean them off and pack my cookbook collection up and purge the other things and set up all my fabric and supplies on the shelves.
    Hillbilly - Glad your little guy got some sleep, which means you probably did too! Payday is my favorite day!! BBQ ribs sounds so good!
    Speaking of food - I better to get started on our late dinner. BF had to run and look at a plumbing job and just finished sewing the binding on the quilt. Now what to have for dinner.....????
    See ya later!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter View Post
    Blondie, a few weeks ago in aerobics class we were bent over so facing the floor, and I commented to the woman next to me who also quilts, that someone had not lined up the seams on his floor tiles. We got a giggle from that.

This morning I joined the little squares to make the binding for my 4th of July table runner (are there any other patriotic holidays coming soon?) and am rereading how to do the corners and the ends. Wish me luck!
    Can't wait to see what you've come up with. Why not have a red, white and blue Christmas? We put up a few trees of various sizes and always have a patriotic tree. LOL. I've even made cloth and clay Santa's dressed in RWB

So glad to see you jumping in!

Jan, glad that Laura will be okay. I was a bit concerned, but remembered she mentioned a dr's appt today. Meds are worrisome when reactions are concerned. yikes.

Everyone, have a great evening. I'll be back in the morning with my first cuppa.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Blondie, thanks for starting the thread. Laura was all concerned that we didn't do it . I told her you started it today. That made her feel better. I worry about her a lot she has been through so much in a short period of time. And now her health is giving her trouble.
    She is too good of a person to suffer so. Say a prayer for her would you. Thanks