Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday Sept 30

Happy 2:29 am ..I officially do not like Insomnia. Tried Sleep MD tonight for the price of a jelly roll I got some amazing creepy crawling lags and no sleep but tomorrow...oops today is a new day so on the bright side...its raining here but sounds pretty.
    Trish I didn't get to respond to your post yesterday but our thoughts are with you with a son in boot camp I imagine quilting helps keep your mind from worry and we are here anytime you need a shoulder or a hug from across the miles. We can even send him a card of encouragement what an incredible thing to do...I also have a 16 year old who sounds alot like your daughter I hope her MRI was ok and no surgery is needed...
    Jan i just love you and thank you for always being here when I need you.....you were missed today
    Congratulations to the new owner of a brand new machine how fun is that....
    Well l I'm off to play games....ahhh the middle of the night seems to be the only time I actually win lol
    hugs and love and happy new day
    One Moment at a time

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Sept 30

Morning to all; been up forever and sweeping water out of my basement. I declare, I don't know why after all the years of living in the this house we are in the past year getting water down there. Poor basement kitty, Dinah! She was sitting on my cutting table like it was the ark. It has been a constant rain for the past two days. I am happy for it, frustrated however that we didn't get it for our veggie garden over the summer . . . grrr.

Laura, I am assuming you have tried the over the counter pm's? I resort to them when I am really needing to sleep. Don't always help me stay asleep for the entire night - I have no problem getting to sleep it is STAYING asleep that is my bugaboo. I will wake up at 2:30 or 3 pm. Usually will surf the net, play a few games or as in this past night, sweep the water out, lol.

I need to get off here and start getting ready for work today. I only work three days a week these days - hope everyone has a terrific day.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. There's nothing worse than lying awake all night and then feeling exhausted all day. But I think you did the right thing by getting up. I've lain in bed for 5 hours before, trying to sleep, and you just end up feeling worse than getting up and doing something productive.
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great if people could send him a LETTER of encouragement. He didn't mention cards so I would only send a letter to him if you want. He says he is so homesick that it's the highlight of his day when he hears his name called and says to him 'You've got mail!" Even if all it says is Hello! (words from his letters home).

Odie's address is:
    RCT. Lapp, Andrew O.
    2nd RTBN PLT 2092 Co. H.
    P.O. Box 16245
    Parris Island, SC 29905-2092

He will be there until Dec. 3rd so anytime between now and the end of November would be great!

The rains have hit today. Looks like everyone will get a little wet. Major downpours right now - ugh.

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping Laura. Are you able to get some cat naps in during the day?

MRI is today for Katie. Well, I think it is. The imaging center called yesterday and didn't see the message for us to call back until today so hope they didn't change the date.

Hope everyone has a great day! Think of all the seconds in time you have left to enjoy for today. How are you going to spend it?

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My son...Mr Herbal remedy boy...says that for Insomnia you need to drink Catnip tea before bed. Also, keep some dried lavender near your pillow. He makes these little 'sleepy pillows' that you stick inside your pillow. I used one when I was pregnant and it did help. Only I am very allergic to lavender so he made up another different 'earthy' mix for me. I'll send you one...message me your address...and tell me if you want lavender, or no lavender. It's worth a shot since it's all natural! And as I said...it worked for me
    We are trying to find people to give us honest opinions before I allow him to sell them on my website.

My son is sitting beside me looking up insomnia in his extensive herbal library, and he says take calcium 1 hr before bed and put a hot water bottle on your tummy, as well as what I mentioned above.

I fear water in the basement whenever it rains. It hasn't happened yet, but we've only lived here since April. The basement is where we spend most of our time!! We have a huge sump pump though. I hope it is an easy clean up and that it won't happen again!

We are on a school break right now. But, the day has started off nicely. Only I really want that bliss daily deal and it is a huge temptation that I shouldn't take. It would be so nice for a tutorial I am planning/ or was planning and now re-vamping since turnovers are on the out!

Finally...I am stumped on designing a quilt. I wish just this once I had EQ7. I have never done a medallion/round robin and I really really want to get my Generations quilt done...but I am stumped on the design.

Well, I need to go get the baby away from my graph paper...which is now a huge wadded up mess. He is so helpful with home organization!

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing what an hour and half of sleep can do for you. Yeah I also have a Dr's appointment tomorrow so my fingers ...legs and eyes are crossed, very hard to find a primary care and a cardiologist that take new patient's with health issues.
    Hillbilly tell your son Thank you how lucky you are that he loves herbal remedies sometimes they are the best. I would love to help him with testing them out...Who knows he could grow up to be herbalist. The hospital I used to work for blended traditional medicine with holistic and the patients seemed to thrive in that environment ...but catnip tea?? I used to grow it to make my kitty nuts but wow did she bounce off walls.....you do realize I'm not all that normal and bouncing off the wall would probably get me committed lol!!
    Trish..thank you for his address I will get a letter off to him...I might include a coloring book page that I will have my little nieces color it I will look to see if I can find some kind of flag with a thank you on it
    Good luck on the MRI...fingers crossed for you.
    Blondie ekk on the rain, no fun at all dealing with it and you are so right would of been nice on the gardens
    thank you Jr it does stink without sleep and I think I could probably write a book on what doesn't help medicine and over the counter wise....
    well I'm actually off to finish cleaning the sewing room...almost there....if I would just stop finding little projects I'd rather play with then clean...haha..
    Big hugs Jan....when you sign on...Thank you again for always knowing what to say...You my love I cannot live without and never want too
    OOO the daily deal looks soo tempting ....
    hugs and love everyone
    One Moment at a time

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Laura, Try Sleepytime herb tea before bed...take two Calcium Magnisium pills and spray your pillow with rose or lavender scent. It really helps and as I am in the not so fun world of menopause it sure helps me!
    I am going to write Odie. Won't he be surprised to get a letter from Canada.
    Well off to work... Thurs. are one of our busy days!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Ladies! I missed y'all yesterday! spent most of the day clearing junk off our backyard screened porch, trimming trees, clearing eves - you know battening down the hatches for what we had thought was going to be a tropical depression moving thru - HA! it is absoluetly gorgeous out today the sun is shining and the humidity is way down and there is a nice breeze - some of that "fall" weather you were talking about! YAY! glad we did get some rain yesterday morning though - we do need some......

great idea of the lavendar pillow spray - i do that and i have an eye mask that really helps too. one other thing - i have taught myself that when i can't sleep, i don't get back on my sewing machine or computer! i do both of those things when awake!! anyway i think i am! LOL

daughters wedding is in less than 2 weeks - i MUST get back to her quilt, but it is nagging me about the machine, got any herbals for that?? oh and finding my dress would be a good thing too! ugh

sounds like all of you have pets - cats or dogs or horses even cows! i just have the birds outside - there is a big family of cardinals and butterflies tooooo - love butterflies and hummingbirds come to the roses (which are in full bloom again! YAY!)
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzi, sound lovely where you are. We are into Fall here officially. Leaves changing color, fog in the morning and lots of birds gathering at my bird feeders, which often means an early winter.
    Do you have an orange tree in your yard or a lemon. I always wanted a lemon tree because the leaves smell so good. Plus I could make my own lemonade. oh and grapefruilt too!
    Mind you can't really complain too much. I live in the fruit valley of our province and grow apples, cherries, peaches and the like. plus we grow lots of grapes for wine.
    I've been thinking... and I have decided to make pillow cases for my family this year following Jenny's tutoral. Each of my girls have moved into new aptments this year and this way I can personalize the pillowcases for them. Will make some for my brother and sis-in law and girlsfrineds as well. Going to fun picking out material for them!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sally yes we have 2 oranges, a navel and a tangelo. the grapefruit (a ruby red) was hit hard by the cold winter last year and we had to cut way back hope it makes it...... the key lime is planted in a bucket so we brought in the garage and is doing wonderfully - another year or two and we should see fruits! yay .... i also have strawberries and blueblerries and a few different veggies just for fun. mostly though i love flowers! (HA! must be why most of my fabric is florals!! I will be cutting roses and lilys and orchids and what ever else is in bloom for daughters wedding bouquets - remind me and i will try to post pics......
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America