Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday already

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89720217547596086_gsnkVJGl_c.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	29183

Happy Wednesday, all of my lovely folksies!

Oh my we are so water logged here. I think we are going to get a break today and possibly see the sun. I am ever so thankful for the rain. Always amazes me that we get the rain during the season we really when we really don't need it - you know, because it makes the leaves more difficult to rake and then they make my allergies go bonkers and when we get a real doozy of rain, my kitchen gets a drip drip drip which makes the water rings look like faces - you know like when you look at clouds? That's fine unless you are having a sleepless night, watch some spooky show and think, wow, am I being contacted by the "other side" through those rain spots? Hey, it could happen?! What a shame I can't sell my ceiling on ebay. I am certain that someone could have a religious experience staring at it.

Yesterday my sis walked down the street in the rain to call UPS. (She doesn't have a phone) It was a soft gentle patter at the time. UPS delivered a package to the wrong address. The driver left as fast as he arrived, leaving huge ruts in their drive. So, we called UPS to have them deliver to the correct address. I thought they had GPS or been to school long enough to see house numbers on the house and/or mailbox. Anyhoo, the above picture describes me. Sigh. I do not like much of anything automated. Or robotic. Their website sucks a biggie because every toll free number requires you to mash numbers, none of which address a parcel delivered to the wrong place. I finally called one of their technical support numbers, got disconnected twice and finally when I did reach customer service, they wanted to know all about ME. Plus, I was tired of repeating myself over and over again. I can still recite the tracking number and I could've delivered the package myself quicker I think. After almost an hour of dealing with idjits, I told this person the only thing they needed to know was that the box would be on the porch where they left it. I don't have a phone that slams anylonger. Just clicks off which could be just as frustrating for the other person but not as satisfying. So, when I clicked off, I blew my whistle. Man, did THAT feel wonderful. It is a great stress reliever. I highly recommend one.

Have a wonderful day folksies. Smile lots and lots, even if you have to deal with stupid people.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday already

Good morning Blondie. Fustrating dealing with IDIOTS!

I have a very busy day at work yesterday. It will only get busier with the Christmas season coming up. I know it's only Wednesday, but I will be happy when the week is over. I work until and including Saturday. I have been up just about all night. I don't know why I was having so much trouble sleeping. Maybe this cold has something to do with it. I could go back right now, but I have to work. I am thinking of a nap at lunch time. I am off from noon till 3:15. My MIL lives close by. I will need her couch.

That is about it for me. Not very exciting these days.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Blondie, I too am being bothered by sinus issues. Woke with a killer headache.

Last night I got the binding and label on Paula's quilt. Plan to wash it today then tomorrow the LAQ'r, a friend who donated cash for materials and myself will bring it up to Paula. Just in time because it is getting cold nights and the gas company couldn't hook up her gas yesterday - too much required to meet code; they weren't prepared. I hope they come back soon.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay dry!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning....we're dripping wet around here too. Hoping for sunshine today and tomorrow so I can mow the grass before it gets really cold, maybe down to freezing, this weekend. Blondie, my office is one of the few in our agency that doesn't have automatic attendants or voice mail and I like it that way. I don't like dealing with idgits either. Let me know about those rain spots...if they start talking or anything like that....I've got spots on my kitchen ceiling too thanks to a leak earlier this year.

Happy Wednesday!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

5. Thanks Jewel thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i'm so totally mad at UPS for their delivery idiocy, I hope no one ever sends me anything Vis UPS. I ordered a small memory card from a computer store that absolutely demands your signature upon delivery. They come, ring and if you don't answer within 2 seconds they are gone, didn't come on the day they said they would return, when I waited all day for them. Then they sent me a card of where I had to pick it up, THE CARD HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS ON IT. After driving around for 30 minutes, I chased down a UPS truck driving down the road to ask where the headquarters were. I was FUMING! Never again.

I hope you all got your package without so much trouble.

I got two more costume pieces done yesterday, still a bunch to go, but I feel like we might make it! Still have a few weeks of intense work. Talk about not getting much sleep! I may shave a few hours off my office hours at work today!

And hope your day goes well! Happy hump day everyone!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 3rd, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, don't get me started on UPS~~ The idiots use our neighborhood as a training run! And the forethought of the incredibly creative souls who named and numbered streets in our little subdivision leaves us with multiple locations with almost identical addresses... (think, 1234 Oak St, 1234 Oak Circle, 1234 Oak Court, 1234 Oak Drive)...mind you, my particular cul-de-sac has all of 5 houses on it, but we are one of the duplicates...and our packages routinely go to a different home... and the owner doesn't find it humorous nor is he willing to alert us if stuff shows at his house. So we have to stalk the tracker online, and then sneak up onto his porch while he is gone to remove our stuff BEFORE he comes home and takes it inside. Otherwise it takes DAYS to get him to be home when we are available to retrieve...
    Arghhhh. To think, Xmas is coming...we will have to get back into practice again!!

Looks like rain, again... And work. Definitely. Possibly decorate for Halloween after that... probably no quilting today...have a great day!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

UPS delivered a package to my door that wasn't mine. I noticed the phone number of the addressee was on the label so I called. That worked better than going through UPS as the lady stopped on her way home from work and picked up her package. Sorry to hear these mistakes are common. UPS isn't the business it used to be.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It calms me down that not only in Switzerland UPS is one of the most stupid forwarders I can imagine. Only overtaken by DHL, who hides the parcels anywhere around the house and you can seek them like easter eggs. The last one was notepaper for our company, put next to the garden shed also it was raining cats and dogs ... we only could throw the paper away ... UPS/DHL/FEDEX a daily reason for trouble ...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, all! Wishing everyone some sewing and a cozy day on this rainy Wednesday. No sewing for me, alas, but I can enjoy it vicariously through you ladies!!!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a great UPS driver. He even leaves boxes for me in my car if he sees it in town. No complaints at all, but I feel for you all who are having issues with Big Brown! I have issues with the USPS and could go on and on, but won't bother since nothing ever changes there, except for their rates going up and up. Wishing everyone a great day....I'm very droopy today and will check in later today. Huggs, Barb