Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craftsy Machine Quilting Class?

Has anyone ever taken this online Craftsy class? How was it? So many machine quilting classes teach you on a tiny 24" quilt sandwich which is really useless to learn to do a whole quilt! This one seems to address struggling with a whole quilt and I wanted to know if it was helpful to you?

Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine taught by Ann Petersen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craftsy Machine Quilting Class?

Lulu, I am Craftsy's biggest fan and have taken almost all the quilting classes. Each one is specific and there will surely be one to suit you. I want to let you know that I have discount links on my blog so check it out first to save yourself the full price (and in some cases, my links will save you 50% - cheaper than their own sale! lol!)

Ask me any questions you have, but depending on what you are wanting to focus on here are my thoughts (and each class has been discussed on my blog, you can search under my quilting section) http://www.overthekitchencounter.com

- QBP on a SM Machine teaches about 4 ways of dealing with a big quilt: quilt as you go, cutting batting in half, etc.
    - Beyond Basic Machine Quilting is great to learn & practice free motion quilting
    - Quilting Negative Space uses a long-arm to demonstrate cool quilting designs, also applicable to a home domestic machine
    - Design it, Quilt it shows densely quilted designs, whole cloth, etc. using marking the quilt
    - Machine Quilting is very thorough, basic starter class on using a home machine to quilt, basting a quilt, etc.

Any questions, just let me know - private message if you would like! hope that helps. I LOVE Craftsy!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I say go for it! I am loving the classes and am so glad I found them! I love taking classes but so often I can do whatever is being taught while I'm there in the classroom and then forget how to do it once I'm home. This method of teaching takes care of that problem. Right now I'm taking Beyond Basic Machine Quilting and loving it.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought several Craftsy classes (half price of course!). What I love is the fact that you can take them as many times as you want. You own them forever. They are cheaper than taking a class in a store, and if you don't understand, just back up and start over or repeat only certain sections. If you're into classes, I highly recommend them.

Only down side is you can't download them and have to be connected to the internet to watch them. I love laying in bed and watching on my Kindle but I get such a poor wi-fi connection in the bedroom, it's next to impossible to watch.

DH is disabled and spends all his time watching TV in the den where the computer is. It's not worth fighting over the volume of both TV and PC at the same time! All in all, they are great tho. They also have a money back guarantee if you aren't happy. I say go for it.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your input, but when i click on your blog, i cannot find your info on all the classes you've taken, nor coupons!!! Sorry to bug you but i'm just not finding them!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Thanks so much for your input, but when i click on your blog, i cannot find your info on all the classes you've taken, nor coupons!!! Sorry to bug you but i'm just not finding them!
    Hi Lulu! If you mean my blog, the links (not coupons, per se) are all down the right hand border of the page...you can find the one you want and click on it and it will take you right to the Craftsy class at the discount price (if it's a class listed at 50% off, for example). To find all my posts and projects from a particular class, you can use the search bar - but you have to scroll down a bit to find it on the right, underneath all those Craftsy links!! You can also scroll further down the page to the 'categories' section and click on 'Craftsy'. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and have fun!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Has anyone ever taken this online Craftsy class? How was it? So many machine quilting classes teach you on a tiny 24" quilt sandwich which is really useless to learn to do a whole quilt! This one seems to address struggling with a whole quilt and I wanted to know if it was helpful to you?

Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine taught by Ann Petersen
    Lulu, I did take this course. I used it to complete this quilt. The whole course is extremely informative. The only complaint I have, and it's a minor one, is that she sometimes spends a LOT more time talking than showing. I'm a visual learner, so that's probably why it bothered me. I say go for it! It's definitely worth the money.
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have we sold you on Craftsy yet? Let us know what class you're going to take!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Meli, I love your quilt! So you did the quilting on your home machine as a whole quilt? WOW! Had you done it before?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Meli, you can make me a quilt like that any time you want...I just love it...of course I lived in AZ for ten years...think that might have something to do with it...I just love that quilt!
    I have taken both of Jenny's courses and loved them and learned (and I've been quilting for 10 years) and I took the basic machine quilting class...still haven't finished it but I learned a lot from that one too...the one by Wendy Burns!