Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My mom....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default My mom....

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

My mom passed away at 6:45 on Sunday morning. I was called to the ER at 2 am on Friday morning and except for one short break to come home and shower and get a couple hours sleep I was with mom.

Mom was hanging on and they told us that she was waiting for someone to come or something to happen before she would let go. This morning I was in the room alone with her and read one of her favorite passages from the Bible to her. I then told her it was Sunday morning and that I loved her and gave her a kiss. She was gone about 5 minutes later.

I truely believe that things happen for a reason. I went to move my car in the hospital parking lot on Saturday morning and I turned the radio on and hit a button and it was southern gospel music (I didn't even know that station was on one of the buttons). One song was just ending and another started called Celebrate Me Home by the Perry's. That song will be played right before her service begins. I had never heard the song before....but the message was there that I needed to hear.

Here is a link to the song, this is a gospel song, if you'd like to hear it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6Ky7i5GFU

Again, thanks to everyone for their prayers.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My mom....

Shirley, I am so sorry. God is so good at bring everything together at just the right time.May He comfort you and your family through this and rejoice that she is with Him.
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry Shirley. God always has His hand in all that happens. I know how very hard this has to be for you, after just losing my own mom a year ago. As bad as this sounds, I am glad you were there with her when she was called home. Will keep you and the family in my prayers.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Shirley! I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It sounds like her passing was peaceful. I know she is happy, and that she was greeted by loved ones. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry, May God Hold You I the Palm of His Hand.....be strong Shirley...
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss..I know that she was happy to have you with her and that is what is important. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sometimes they hold on until you tell them it's ok to let go. I know my dad did.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shirley,
    I'm glad you got to spend the last hours with her. It does make a difference. Hugs and prayers for you in this difficult time.
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After nursing for many years I believe people choose when it is the right time to go, Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.
    Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leonie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for your loss