Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friendship Braid

I admit, one of the reasons I didnt post for so long is because I felt like I was out of my league with all the talented quilters here!
    I do want to show off my Friendship Braid quilt top, I feel like its one of the best I have done so far. Its 101"x84"...I wanted it wider to fit a king size bed but not hang over the foot of the bed. I made the outer border extra long so that I could scallop the edges after its quilted. I ran out of border fabric and had to search online to find some...I found it at a little quilt shop in Maine. I originally bought the fabric in Indiana last June and that shop doesnt offer mail orders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FriendshipBraid.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	27617
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friendship Braid

Hi Mary, I don't know why you would hesitate to post your pictures.........your quilt looks great! That was a huge project! Are you quilting it yourself? Now you need to post some other pictures for us to see! Great job!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is very lovely! My kind size bed had a tall foot end on it so I too make quilts wider but shorter.

Never feel you are out of your depth lovie, this quilt is fab, the choice of colours and the contruction is great. Show us more!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a wonderful quilt... never hesitate to post... we are all lovers of all handwork... FB is one of my favorite designs to work.... such fun,,, and what patience you have... good for you finding your faric... this is a beauty..................Babs
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

See, Mary, I told you that you'd fit right in. I love your quilt top!! Congrats.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

thats beautiful. great job!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're all in a collective league...never be afraid to show what you've made! Your quilt turned out fantastic...I know it's a LOT of work making a king quilt top. Great job and thanks for sharing with us!! Be sure to show us a picture when you are done!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love it!!!!!

This is a huge quilt, thanks for sharing, we love to look at all the work and yours is gorgeous, show us more pictures!!!!!!!
    You did a great job on this, did you use a jellyroll or did you cut yardage? I am working on this same pattern, I use a jellyroll but now I don't know how long the braids should be, yours looks just perfect. I might enlarge the picture and count your braids!!!!

Love-love- lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

That is one georgeous quilt!! I would not attempt to make one of that size. Don't be afraid to post on this site. Everyone here is so nice and friendly and boy, just ask for advice, you sure do get it!!!
    Dena

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love it! I really want to make one of these. Please post more pics! We are a very friendly group, and you'll read many times that there are no quilt police here.