Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200339883393467175_hRXz2UnA_f.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	27415

Happy Saturday Folksies

Most of you will know I am running late because I stayed up late getting names out to the 56 participants of the Christmas Swap. I sure hope that i got everything right. My sis came over and joined in the fun. We enjoyed a glass of wine with a chocolate bar, which is probably another reason I am hoping I got it all right. Chocolate goes straight to my head.

Holiday Weekend here in the States - do y'all have plans? I imagine half of the group that lives in the southern area affected by Isaac will be continuing to clean up. Hoping that at least some of those who were in desparate need of water got some. I know it's too little too late for the crops this year, but, mercy! I am considering a few rain barrels. Watching a local pbs show recently on rainwater usesage.

My dear friends, I will check in sometime later - those in the swap group, I will be sending those addies later when I get home from work.

SMILE
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning

We've been watching "Planet Earth." Absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend watching the DVD's. Blondie's mention of needing to conserve water for her garden reminded me of the segment on deserts. Incredible to see how animals and cacti survive with lack of water for such long periods of time. Too bad we can't spread the water around! Some have too much rain and others get so little. For those looking for a really great gift for the guys this one is fantastic! The best part sf the gals will love watching it with them.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Planet Earth DVDs. We are FINALLY getting some much needed rain -- leftovers from Hurricane Isaac. I hope to get a lot of sewing done this holiday weekend -- I have a lot of projects stacking up that all have due dates. I hope everyone has a very happy and safe holiday weekend.
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I never get in on the thread this early! I feel special!

Our plans this weekend are good ones - relax and do whatever we want. Cleaning up the flower and vegetable gardens and sewing are high on the list, along with playing scrabble and eating greek chicken wraps, one of DH's specialties. We might go and buy ONE piece of fabric as I have been in new fabric withdrawal for quite some time. I've got the shakes real bad.

Hope everyone has a GREAT holiday weekend. And if you're not an American, celebrate along with us anyway. How can it hurt?
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning everyone. Blondie, hope you got some good sleep.

Looking forward to this long weekend. We'll be pretty busy today but I am hoping to get some sewing done too. I picked out a quilt I want to make for our grandson for Christmas and I've got the material for a quilt for a dear friend of ours. And speaking of that friend, he called me the other day and said that they were having a thrift sale at his church and there was a lot of material there. Any of the material that didn't sell, they were just going to toss but he rescued it and saved it for me to go through. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in those bags -- it'll be like Christmas for me. LOL I think I see a scrap quilt in my future.

I've got a lot of projects already started (hoping to do a couple of craft fairs later in the fall) and soooo many in my head and on my list so I definitely have to spend some time with my sewing machines. I got a replacement upper tension knob for my Brother and need to figure out how to replace that. My featherweight has been doing most of the sewing lately so she needs some tlc too.

We are headed to the cabinet place this morning to pick out what we want for our kitchen re-do. So many choices! Wish me luck.

No rain up here yet but I did hear something about rain coming at the end of the weekend on Monday and maybe for a few days after that. I hope everyone in the path of Isaac stays safe while he is continuing to spread his rain about.

I'll check in later and see what everyone is up to. Have a great day all.

Ginny B

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Ladies,

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! Yes yard clean up is on the list of things to do this weekend. Although the still have us on alert with the Tangipaho river flooding out of its banks. That is clena up after I get off work this afternoon. Then hope to get into my sewing room. Although I did spend most of wed and thur in there. Sewing sure did take may mind off of the storm.

Blondie thank you so much for all the time that you have put into this swap.

I owe I owe so its off to work I go. Have a great one ladies.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I've got the same plans as Cyndi with one addition....relax, do whatever I want or do nothing at all.

My grandkids flew back to my son from Arizona yesterday. It was the first time they've not had a direct flight, they had to change planes in Memphis, but they made it fine with an attendant. Tomorrow they will fly back home to NY to begin the school year. The poor kids have gone from eastern daylight time to central daylight, to mountain standard, and now back to eastern daylight time in the past 6 weeks. I'm afraid they may start school with some jet lag.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

How nice to wake up and find the name of my Secret Sister for Christmas! Now I need to put on my thinking cap and come up with something special.

We are still getting rain....nice slow rain. Our plans for the holiday are to stay at home, watch some movies, play with Miss Molly and veg out. We get so little time to just sit around and relax, especially DH. If it rains he won't be tempted to go outside and work! Something cooked on the grill sounds good to me and I'll make one large dessert for him (and others if they drop by). We get a lot of drop-ins.

I got very little sewing done this week, but with the help of friends and Janome we cracked the code on my new sewing machine. Someone on here warned me not to name her Lola because Lolas are high maintenance! Whoever said that was right!

I made a quick trip to the little fabric shop here in town yesterday and bought a few yards of fabric and stabilizer. They have some yummy fabrics for Fall, Halloween and Christmas!

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend....I'll pop in later. Hugs All Around....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well is it now Saturday evening here, the first day of spring, it has been a beautiful day, I went to the Gawler show in the morning, then did a little sewing - made my granddaughter a summers dress then just did some relaxing, searching the net for Christmas gift ideas ready for the swap.
    Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leonie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday, what did you do with Friday?

Did the tours at the fair with the school kids. Had been up since 4 am and needed a nap. Got my relish made, had dinner with friends last night. I sent the ladies to bed, they were exhausted and I know what it is like to have little ones. I did not feel like they should have to entertain me. So I went out and sat with the men folk and fell asleep in front of the fire. Had a wonderful snooze. Up early today. Another party today and then tomorrow morning we are off an a quick trip for our anniversary. I think we are going to PA, the Poconos, somewhere around there.

So have a great day ladies (and lurker gents).
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!