Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know the Elna 720 Ex?

I wonder if any of you very knowledgeable ladies have heard of or had any experience with the Elna 720 Excellence? It is exactly the same as the Pro Quilting Queen 7300; it's just been given another "number". My concern is that I never hear anyone mentioning this machine. It always seems to be Janomes, Singers, Berninas etc that are used. I am a passionate free motion quilter and at the moment I'm using my +- 15 year old Bernina, nothing fancy but is needing some replacement parts. I would really appreciate some advice here. Thanks so much.... Carolyn.
    Hugs, Carolyn
    Sunny South Africa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone know the Elna 720 Ex?

I have the Elna-CE20 and the Bablylock Ellegante 2.. The Elna I have had for awhile. I love it. I hate my babylock for quilting. anything else it is wonderful but I do all my quilting on my Elna. I can throw anything on that Elna and it quilts like a dream. stitches look great. My babylock bunches up and acts like it does not want to feed through and I spent a ton of money on that thing. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost my Elna. I could be wrong but I want to say that the same people make the Janome but don't hold me to that. If I ever have to have another machine I will look at Elna's first. My problem is finding a dealer
    Patrice

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Patrice. How old is your Elna? My only worry is that nowadays the Elnas are produced in China or one of the Eastern Block countries and no longer in Switzerland. Do you think this is a problem?
    Hugs, Carolyn
    Sunny South Africa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is around 15 years. I'm not sure about them changing manufactures. I know Eleanor burns used to be the spokes woman for them but now is for baby lock. I do know that when buying it has a lot to do with your dealer and how friendly they are for me. The closest dealer I have for my baby lock is an hour away.
    http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/
    I used this site a lot for reviewing machines when I decided to buy
    Patrice

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Elna Excellence 740 and love it....have had it for a few months now and we named it "Magic" because it sews like a dream......only thing about it is it is fussy about thread in the top....bobbin doesn't seem to matter but have to use higher quality thread in the top...only problem I have run into with it...so I think the machine is still good....Janome carries the warranty so I believe they are made by the same company!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Elna Jubilee.... with the "air pedal control"....LOL... I bought this machine in 1980!!! You cannot kill it... and YES it will FM very well,,, i just don't have the patience to struggle with the bulk... i give it to my daughter,, had misplace the book... sent an email to Elna and had a reply within ONE day... with a PDF of the entire book.... How's that for service.... i know for a fact you can get old Elna replacement parts on line.... I had mine fixed but once... after i jammed a needle so badly that the timing was off... the Brother repairman here locally,,, fixed it for me and told me NEVER to get rid of this machine.... it's a work horse...but next in line for me are my Janomes!!!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Elna pro quilting queen 7300. I have had it for a little more than 2 years. I love it, although I haven't learned everything it can do. So far I have only done regular sewing on it. I just got the stitch in the ditch foot, but I haven't tried it yet. When I went to buy a new machine I was planning on getting a janome, but I got a great deal on the Elna. It was a demo
    for the Lancaster, PA quilt show. As I understand Elna is now owned by janome. I think the Elna 7300 or 720 is the sister model to the Janome 6600. I am not sure if that is the right Janome model number. I had never heard of elna sewing machines until
    I went to buy a new machine. I didn't know they were made in china. I will have to check and see if mine was. I assumed it
    was made in Switzerland. It does just say Swiss design. I do love my machine. It works great and I love all the special stitches that Elna developed. I also like the size of it. It is very wide. I think that is called the throat. Good luck with your dicision.

Karhy

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have just joined and see you have the Elna 7300 HELP mine arrived last night and I spent hours trying to sort out the tension, can you give me help and advice please how to use this machine for basic sewing, then I can start patchwork and quilting. The rest of the designs and stitches can wait until I have mastered the basic straight stitch and zig zag.
    Thanking you in advance, one excited but frustrated new owner of the Elna 7300

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Elna 720 Excellence, and I'm very pleased with it. It sews like a dream. I wish that it had a bobbin sensor, but that's the only negative thing that I can say about it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Elna 760 Excellence and I LOVE this machine. I have had it about 15 months!

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!