Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default If it is good to eat, I'll eat it.

Someone once asked what my favorite meal would consist of. I can't honestly answer that, although I do believe I could eat good bar-b-qued ribs every day of the week. And, by GOOD, I mean good by my standards and there are only a very few places that have ever made ribs that I would go back for. One of those has been mentioned by me several times and it is only 7 miles from my home.

However, Al tells me that one of the reasons he loves me so much (and he often lies) is because I can blend flavors and create fantastic meals. I tell him it is only because he'd eat just about anything other than ground up newspaper and love it. I do pride myself on being a good cook, and I do love to cook . . . so, I will share one of our favorite meals, on which we supped tonight:

Start out with a pot of boiling water and add a package of pre-made tortellini - cook according to directions, usually about 8-10 minutes. I use any fillings that I find - Italian sausage, three cheese, chicken with cheese, spinach and Asiago (one of my favorite cheeses). Meanwhile I pull some of my staples from the pantry and/or refrigerator. Tonight I prepared 2 cans of Anchovies (yeah, I know, everyone is going YUCK . . . but they are SO good!!), fresh crushed garlic (2 tablespoons!!), marinated mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, fire-roasted red peppers, capers, Feta cheese, and basil pesto sauce. Stir over the drained, hot pasta and serve.

Al says he loves me also, because I sort of go orgasmic when I eat. I do love my food!!!!

Other things I add - not all together, of course, include sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh roasted garlic, Italian sausage chunks, 4 Cheese mixture from Olive Garden . . . it depends upon what we have. Top it off with your favorite wine then sit back and YUM over and over . . .

I am a FOODAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Sandy Navas; September 14th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If it is good to eat, I'll eat it.

I love food, too! Sounds like you're a chef...not just a cook! Want to adopt me?
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BEC, You are adopted. Tomorrow night we are having smoked Alaskan salmon served with sour cream, chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped onion, capers, and hot mustard on crackers. We set up a small table in front of the entertainment center, turn on some great music and add whatever we want. YUMMY!!!

Did I say that I love to eat?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds delish!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    BEC, You are adopted. Tomorrow night we are having smoked Alaskan salmon served with sour cream, chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped onion, capers, and hot mustard on crackers. We set up a small table in front of the entertainment center, turn on some great music and add whatever we want. YUMMY!!!

Did I say that I love to eat?
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Can I come tomorrow night please, I am sure there is a jet plane some where that could get me there in time, I love Salmon and smoke salmon is even better. I can bring a nice barossa valley wine to go with the salmon.
    Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leonie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winniesfriend View Post
    Can I come tomorrow night please, I am sure there is a jet plane some where that could get me there in time, I love Salmon and smoke salmon is even better. I can bring a nice barossa valley wine to go with the salmon.
    If you have the wine I'll come to YOU!! Wouldn't that be fabulous?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy did you really say the "o" word
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I love to cook too! I am always making something up, it doesn't always turn out the greatest but I do attempt different things. I have never been a big salmon fan, although I love salmon patties. DH likes it though so I think I will look up a few recipes and buy some salmon and give it another go. Maybe my taste buds have changed over the years.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
    Sandy, I love to cook too! I am always making something up, it doesn't always turn out the greatest but I do attempt different things. I have never been a big salmon fan, although I love salmon patties. DH likes it though so I think I will look up a few recipes and buy some salmon and give it another go. Maybe my taste buds have changed over the years.
    Love salmon patties, too - especially with creamed peas. However, salmon filets - place skin-side down in hot skillet. Smear top of salmon with your favorite mustard, add some thinly sliced onions, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over all, sprinkle on some shredded Parmesan cheese and stick it into a 400 degree oven for exactly 7 minutes. PERFECT! My mouth is watering.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaau View Post
    Sandy did you really say the "o" word
    ?????Oz?????
    ?????Onion?????
    ?????Other?????
    ?????Obese?????

?????Olive?????

I'm confused.