What to do with my jelly roll + 4 1/2 yds???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lulu
    Block Queen
    • Mar 2012

What to do with my jelly roll + 4 1/2 yds???

Well once again, I ordered a jelly roll, and decided to add some solid fabrics to go with it (thanks MSQ gals for helping me get correct matches). So now i have the jelly roll, and also 1 1/2 yds each of 3 solid coordinating fabrics. I could also add another coordinating color that I have in my stash. But, what the heck do i make with all this? I thought about doing the jelly race and add more strips using my coordinating colors, but that's all i can think of. I don't want to just use the extra as backing! Arghhh!
    IDEAS??? Thanks!
  • K. McEuen
    Super Moderator
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: What to do with my jelly roll + 4 1/2 yds???

Not sure which jelly roll you have, but if it is mostly prints you could cut 8 inch squares out of the coordinating solids and then sew a JR strip around each block (on each side then across the top and bottom as a frame or sashing type deal.)

Or Jenny's tutorial for the magic squares would work, as long as you cut your inner squares from your coordinating fabric. There are a lot of her tutorials that I think would work, they are just going to require you cutting some squares.
    K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

• lulu
      Block Queen
      • Mar 2012

oh i don't mind the cutting at all! just want to mostly use up what i bought! ha!
      thanks much!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2010

I agree with Karen on her suggestions - or try the Chinese Coins with your solid fabrics used to separate the stacks and to do the border. Look at all these variation: https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...w=1143&bih=611

Not sure that link is going to work. Google Chinese Coin Quilt Pattern and then click on images.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• auntiemern
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

Have to agree with Karen on this. Use the solids as the center, then use the jelly roll strips around them. I think that would make a lovey quilt.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X