Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on gandaughter...

Thanks to God and all of your prayers, my granddaughter is much better. Words can never express how thankfull we are to all of you special people. Megan actually came home with us tonight and seems to be doing much better.

For anyone that doesn't know what happened, my 19 year old granddaughter had her tonsils and adnoids taken out a week ago today. Yesterday she started bleeding, we rushed her to the ER and after a little while the bleeding stopped and we took her home. About an hour after I got home my daughter called and said she was taking Megan back to the ER. When I arrived Meg was hemmoraging and she was vomiting blood continuously and my daughter told me they'd called Life Flight. By the time my husband and other daughter arrived there were 3 nurses , 2 doctors and every member of the ambulance crews And ER working on her. When Life Flight arrived they put her out and inserted a tube down her throat to keep her air way clear of blood. It took them about 20 minutes to get her stabilized enough to survive the trip to Des Moines. This was so serious that they told my daughter that she needed to fly on the helicopter with them. They arrived in Des Moines about 25 minutes after take off and used 2 pints of blood on her while in flight. Upon arrival Meg was taken into surgery and her throat was coterized. The surgeon said he'd never pumped so much blood out of a patients stomach as he did Megs.

Needless to say, this has taken a few years off mine and my husband's lives but it also makes us appreciate our family more then ever.

To everyone here, give your family extra hugs and kisses and let them know how much you love them...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update on gandaughter...

so glad to hear she is home and on her way to mending.....
    Kellie

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Wow-how scary! How did this happen? Wow!
    I am so glad she is OK now-I had been checking every hour or so I am sure for updates!
    Phew
    Bobbi
    Bobbi
    Laughter is good for the soul
    And so are Martha's Cookies

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so exhausted that I'm on my way to bed. I'll keep you all updated on her progress.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news! Take care, Genny.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking all day for an update. What a scary exerience for all. I am so glad things are stable, here's hoping her recovery is quick and with no more crises!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How absolutely terrifying!! I am glad they finally stabilized her. I will keep her in my prayers for continued good recovery.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers going out to your gd and your family...
    what a scary couple days you've had...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beyond word that this could happen from her surgery last week. What a shock. Thankful that she got such great Trauma care, God and her Guardian Angels were watching over her.

Prayers and healing light as she recovers. Hugs to you too and her Mom, both of you have to be exhausted.

Love, Ruby and Don
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So, so glad to hear she is alright and she has my name too! God bless you all and what a relief. Have been praying all day for you.