Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What this forum means to you!

I know there is a thread 'Quilting matter's but I was curious as to whether any of the Doan Family really know what this means to us or if they ever read any of our threads. I was just curious. So here goes, why this forum is important to me.

After reading emails I head on over here in the morning. And it is probably the last thing I do in the eveing. I have met so many wonderful and talented people here. This forum has so many other things to offer besides quilting. The friendships are at the top. Our daily chats are important to me. If I miss a day, I am lost. I love each and every one of you. I never really had a sister and now I have all of you and a few brothers thrown in there too. Thanks for being my friend.

This is the BESTEST place in the world!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What this forum means to you!

Sharing, learning and sometimes a good laugh!!!!! The Best place for Quilters and Friends!!
    Dream, Explore, Experience!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

It is my second home. I love everyone here. Every one here is so friendly and helpful, and always encouraging, no matter what is going on in our lives. Friendships are built across the miles. The members here really do care about their fellow quilters
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I keep telling everyone that the reason THIS forum is so great is simply because the caring from the Doan family has filtered down. There is a warmth and family-feel that flows through everything here - and a certain calm and acceptance that makes us all feel as if we are among family and friends from the moment we join.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I could not agree more!

This place is also my first in the morning, and last at night.
    I've met so many friends here, I can't believe it some days.

If it were not for you guys I would have been lost over the last few months.........all the love and support made me go on!
    My mom said the other day: "I love your quilts, but what I love more is the friendship and strenght you get from the MSQF"
    She knows that you ladies were the group that got me through, you may not have known it that it was this important for me, but it sure was, and still is!!!!!!!!!

So thank you dear Doan Family for being the rollmodel for all of us, you did not only teach us how to quilt, you also tought us how to become one big loving group of friends, it feels like famliy!!!!

Love you all!!!!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

It is just so nice to be with others who have the same love of quilting, sewing, sharing and rejoicing in each others' accomplishments...I really like that everyone is so helpful. I like that no one feels like a stranger for long when they come here...people just open up their hearts and their talents to all with kindness and humor!

I love learning new things without being judged on my new found skills...I love that you can make mistakes and sometimes say the wrong things, but all is forgiven and you can start all over the next day. Yes, this forum is very special to me...I am still fairly new, but I come here daily for inspiration, laughter, and comraderie--it is a nice safe and joyful place to visit when things in real life gets a bit overwhelming...thanks to each of you who have made this online experience a pretty great one...I am glad I found Jenny, her videos, her store, and her forum...through her, I have found you guys!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Doan family is surely our inspiration, model, Jenny is our teacher and mentor, and has brought this wonderful group of friends together from all over the world! Love you all, you are such an important part of my life! Thanks for your friendship.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is friendship, love and sharing.....a place to go to be heard; to pray for others and to offer support....this forum is bigger than any one individual....and very tolerant of mistakes; no quilt police but plenty of suggestions if one asks...free advice....cheaper than any therapist...and better ...a place to call home!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love this place. It feels like HOME to me. I feel loved, needed and excepted for who I am here. It is the first place I go to in the morning and I try to check in and catch up throughout the day. I feel a connection to all of you here and when you have problems or illness or loss I feel the pain along with you. You are all in my prayers everyday.

There is NO PLACE LIKE HOME and this is HOME!
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Doan family is part of our extended family, as is everyone on this forum. I feel so blessed to have you all as part of my life!
    Cynthia