Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New baby...sewing machine that is!

I am so excited because I just brought home my new computerized Kenmore machine (#19110)! I have been waiting for it to go on sale and finally it was. Just had to pop on here because I knew you would all understand my excitement. No one at my house gets it..LOL!
    Bye now...gotta go play with it!
    Patti

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New baby...sewing machine that is!

OH Patti, how wonderful!!!! Congratulations!! whoooooooo hooooooooooooooo !! and Yipppppppeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand! After not having access to a machine for over 3 years, I felt so afraid I would never sew again. I received a new machine for Christmas , much to my shock and surprise! I have been so elated, joyful, and grateful. My soul sings with all the new creativity! It has filled a hole that was so deep and so sad! There is nothing like a new sewing machine and getting exactly what you wanted! I am so thrilled for you! How exciting! What will you sew first? Congrats! SuzyQue

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing in my excitement pd and suzy! I played with the stitches of course, then I put the binding on the baby quilt I had just finished hand quilting. Not sure how old my other but it is at least 15 years old and would no longer sew in reverse. I can't believe how much smoother my new baby sews. Love the speed setting, auto threader, and all the stitches. I thought it came with a walking foot but my daughter wants to get me something quilt related for Mom's Day so I will hint at that!
    Wish I could stay home and play with it but sadly I have to work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!! My new baby is all broken in now and I"ve already done 3 quilts and now I'm working on pajama pants....things seem to go so much easier and faster with the new machine over the older one.....
    Michele

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I would have to say my baby is broken in, too. ....but that sounds a little sad. I prefer to think that I am broken in to it, now that I have learned most of the ins and outs of a new machine. I guess at almost 5 months, the baby is really growing on me!! I have to agree that it is so much faster and easier to sew with a new machine. My old one was over 31 years old and so worn out. I guess that makes me ancient!!! SuzyQue

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patticakes View Post
    I am so excited because I just brought home my new computerized Kenmore machine (#19110)! I have been waiting for it to go on sale and finally it was. Just had to pop on here because I knew you would all understand my excitement. No one at my house gets it..LOL!
    Bye now...gotta go play with it!
    Patti
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is so exciting to bring home a new machine. Especially when it's a computerized model. You're going to have sooooo much fun. Let us know how you like the Kenmore. Have fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it was silly but I really did feel like a new mom driving my baby home. LOL...my bf is now hounding me to get rid of my old machine but she is like my old friend and I hate to throw her out! I think I will hide it in the storage area until we get into a larger place in September. I plan to claim a room as my sewing room so my old machine can "retire" to a special spot!
    You are right with the new machine running so much smoother and quieter!
    Suzy - 31 years is a long time for a sewing machine - did you sew on it alot? was it mostly quilting?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I sewed on it everyday for the first 17 years. I was a garment and home decor sewer. I sewed everything my children and I wore for all that time. Then I became a full time homeschool mom and no longer had time to sew daily. I still used the machine occasionally and for all the mending, but it sat with dust on it a lot. When I had time and energy to take up more sewing, the machine needed a little cleaning and adjusting. The store ruined the machine and it was never the same again. I put my hopes away for a few more years and this year got my new baby. That is why my soul sours once again!!! SuzyQue
    PS-----I still have the original machine-------doesn't work, but can't part with it either.......in storage.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everyday for 17 years?? Wow..that is alot of sewing! When my kids were babies I sewed all their clothes too. Sewing was my relaxation. I also stopped sewing for a number of years and last year I decided I needed something that was just "mine" again in my life and started quilting again. It has brought so much joy back into my life!