Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday already!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527123_3977908839681_1154245673_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	26342

Happy Wednesday Folksies!

Not enough sleep, sipping on my hot cuppa, chatting with my Luscious man. Need to make a list of what I need to get at the store. I despise grocery shopping. Sigh.

Then later this morning we shall see if the judge will grant a mistrial in the Petersen case. I am confused here. I know that each state has different laws for procedure, etc. but I am having a very difficult time understanding why the prosecution cannot discuss or introduce subjects pertaining to DP and his marriages. And yesterday because the judge had already said that an order of protection could not be permitted to be mentioned and it inadvertently slipped in, they could get a mistrial. For goodness sakes! His ex wife was scared to death. She DID have an order of protection, why is that prejudicial to the defendant? You can tell I didn't attend law school. Anyone else interested in this case? I am actually just reading it online in the evening because I can't take the parsing out and endless drivel on court tv since the cameras are not allowed in the courtroom this case.

It's taken me 35 minutes to actually form these almost cohesive thoughts, hubby is out the door, my coffee is cold and Gracie wants to go outside.

Later, gators.

SMILE

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday already!

Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm with you on the Petersen case. My gut tells me he's totally guilty, but it has to be proven in a court of law. I watched him on Dr Phil yesterday when he was trying to defend his lie detector test results which came back deceptive in all pertinent areas!

I have to grocery shop this morning, too, one of my least favorite things to do. We had an article in our local paper last week where the USDA was talking about how much food prices are going to go up due to the drought....4-10%. Add that to the 10% or so it already went up due to the price of gas, and we don't stand a chance! I see lots of beans and cornbread in our future!

Yesterday I finished and mailed my Halloweenie blocks for the swap - can't wait to see what I get in return!! It was a really fun swap. Halloween prints are great to work with...just love them, although I'm not particularly a Halloween person. Around here we celebrate harvest more than Halloween, but I always try to do something special for the little kids in the area.

I need to get DH off to work and fix Miss Molly her egg...she is sitting next to me trying to stare me down! She has a lot of appreciation for being on schedule and wants her food NOW!

Have a great day everyone! Hugs, Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Wednesday, Fellow Quilters! I'm with Blondie and Barb......that Drew Dude reeks of guilt. He gives me the creeps.

Am going into 'the city' today to meet up with a friend, Shirley, to help plant a weeping cherry tree in another friends (Pat) memory. Pat's DH will help us put it in their front yard. It was one of her favorites.....she's been gone since March. The name is quite fitting, I must say. She was one of the woman who was so inspirational to me with quilting and taught me so much. I miss her!

Thank you to each of you for your inspiration every time I go on this Forum. What a great bunch you are!!

Have a good day.
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to you all.

Another day, another 50 cents. I am all done work for the time being. I did have a wonderful nap yesterday afternoon, 2 hours. I worked on the darn dp9 baby quilt that I never got finished for the shower. Shoot!! Oh well. I will finish it and have it for another time. I am seriously thinking of going for a walk in a bit. Need to get energized. Grass finally needs to be cut after a month and a half. Rained again in the night.

A friend of mine put an order into Connecting threads and I got 12 spools of thread they had on sale. Won't need thread for a long time. I am making a list of things I want to buy when I am in the states next month. Colour catchers at the top of the list, thread stroked off. LOL!! I am so looking forward to my trip.

On Monday, our dear friends are getting married. It is their second time each. Then the big party Sept. 1.

That's about it for today. I need to get this body moving this morning. Have a wonderful day y'all.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not much happening here this morning...going to be filing most of the day (ugggh).

I was working on Mom's quilt on Monday evening and my phone rang constantly....I put a row together wrong, so last night I unplugged the phone and things went well. I only have 3 more rows to do and then I'm going to take it to her house and lay it on her bed to make sure it fits. So tonight I'll be working on the quilt some more. I'm hoping to get a quilting frame in September so I might wait until I get that to do the quilting....after I get some practice.

I'm not following the Drew Peterson case but I did see his defense team on TV making a big joke of it all and thought to myself "what jerks".

Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. I can't believe I never got on the computer yesterday at all... did I miss anything important? I actually hardly even got out of bed. My back is completely out of whack and every step I took was excruciating. I did get in the hot tub for a good soak which helped a bit, but then I was right back to laying down. I would still be in bed but DH woke up early with low blood sugar and was having a heck of a time deciding what to eat. He just HAD to turn the TV on too! I told him he was very inconsiderate and then covered my head with a pillow but I just couldn't get back to sleep. He turned of the TV and began snoring right away. MEN

Today, I need to start cleaning up around the yard. DH's nephew will be here next week and we need to mow an area for their campsite. Plus I need to clean off the picnic table (DH's work bench most of the time.LOL) and mow that area also. I will be wearing a back brace. DH will be out there helping or I will shoot him!

I suppose tomorrow we will go to Springfield for the day. It will be my 58th birthday and I am sure he will want to take me somewhere. I would be happy with just going to the local Bar & Grill tomorrow evening for dinner. We will see.

Hope everyone has a great day.

PS. I hope they don't declare a mistrial in the Peterson case.. I believe he is guilty as sin. I know God will give him his due, but it would be nice to see him get it NOW.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, Donna. Turn that mule loose and let him chomp the grass for the campsite. And tell Danny boy to pull his share or else - I know you know how to load the gun. You take care of that back now, okay? Been there, done that one and didn't like the t-shirt.

I don't even know who Drew Peterson is/was/has been or what he did. I am like the proverbial ostrich with my head in the sand most of the time. Don't keep up with national news as I find it so depressing . . . so I hide out in my own little world . . . but it is quite okay. Everyone knows me here.

Cynthia has reminded me of something that does float through my mind now and then . . . and it is difficult. What do we do when one of our dear on-line friends fades off and we wonder what happened. What if there is a great loss and no one around them has the knowledge or wherewithal to let us know that there has been a problem? Scarey. Recently one of my daughter's on-line friends (a young woman in her mid 20's) was killed in a head-on accident involving a drunk driver. DD was concerned because she had no idea why this active person had disappeared. And then one day there was a package arrived in her mail with a gift from this friend and a note from her boy friend that he had found the package and it was already addressed - and he wrote the story of what had happened and sent her obit from the paper. What a sad day that was. I don't want any of those.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a sad note but I do wonder. What happens when all these ties are cut?

Okay, the girls will be here within the hour, my brother and SIL, one of their granddaughters and her significant other will be here sometime this afternoon for a brief visit. Al has been outside picking up sticks and cutting weeds. It seems so strange to have him outside doing some work - but I won't go into that. Poor baby!!

Have a great one, enjoy your day and keep on truckin'.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I don't even know who Drew Peterson is/was/has been or what he did. I am like the proverbial ostrich with my head in the sand most of the time. Don't keep up with national news as I find it so depressing . . . so I hide out in my own little world . . . but it is quite okay. Everyone knows me here.
    That is so me, I have enough to keep me busy without worrying about the rest of the world.
    BTW Where is Britt?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, Claire. Lets 'quilt bomb' her with e-mails and fill up her in-box here!!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Day Ladies,

Sorry Blondie I am afraid I am like Claire and Sandy don't keep up with all that. Seems as I have enough going on in my own little part of the world. Keeping up with any more would just drive me crazy. This old world is just getting to mean, nasty, and ugly anymore. I am almost to the point that I would just love to stay on my little three acers and forget about everything.

No much going on here at work today it is a quite one. Need to go and finish up my certified letters to those who are being on their rent. Have a great one Ladies.