Thread: Tuesday Morning

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday Morning

Name:  17869.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  10.0 KB

Good Morning Folksies

Yesterday was an interesting day. My son was late, which was unusual for him. His car kept overheating - he needs a radiator, I guess. He is keeping water and antifreeze in the vehicle. Once he got here I couldn't wait to get my fingers in his hair. He wears it LONG anyway, with corkscrew curls and frizz, which just isn't good looking on a man his age. I cut it until it was manageable, and still long for him. He is skinny as a rail. I don't think he even weighs 140 lbs. It takes all of me to not say, come home and let me take care of you. There are no jobs in our county - we have the highest unemployment in the state - our is a notch over 12 %, so I don't think that is a wise choice right now. Like I said yesterday, kids need to find their own way, and all mine know that my door is always open.

Once Josh left, I picked up Sis and we went to a thrift which was having a big sale. I found a pressure canner - still NEW, all wrapped in it's factory wrapping for $7.00!!!!!!!! I am tickled pink! I also found a few shirts to use for sewing so, yes, it was a good day all around. Still no rain, I am getting ready to do the provberbial rain dance we've been discussing for months. I think that Sandy has the routine down pat.

Tomorrow is another Dr day for Mom. I am hoping that this is our last trip for her eyes forever. Amen.

Now scoot, get your day started or ended or whatever wherever you are at, enjoy it. SMILE. This is gonna be a great day.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday Morning

Morning to all--
    Boy am I ever out of the loop. Having my dad here for 9 days prevented me from more than peaking at the forum for seconds at a time. I have lots of catching up to do. But, the visit with my dad was really good. For an almost 88 year old who lost his wife 8 months ago he is doing really well--real perky and talkative. He really got a kick out of our 2 kitties. They were very playful for him, and one of them took to him in a sweet way. All in all it was a great visit.

Blondie, my son is also as thin as a rail (and he's 6'2") and wears his hair long==really long! He could give a good 12 inches to Locks of Love if he wanted to and still have a good head of hair. I'd prefer to see it shorter, but this is his life! You're so right--they do have to find their own way.

I start teaching tax school for work today. I am so not wanting to think about taxes yet! But, I guess it's time.

Have a great day everyone!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

ooh god !!!!!.........
    now l've got a mental pic of sandy and blondie doing nekkid rain dances....l nearly spat my drink over my laptop
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning you three. Blondie, glad you got a visit with Josh. Martha, sounds like you had a marvelous time with your Dad. Glad to have you back. Lisauu, glad it didn't come out your nose.

I did not start off well yesterday morning. As I was getting the shower ready, the pump went wonky and we had to shut if off. A quick trip to MIL's for a shower. Hubby turned it back on later and now seems to work fine. Need another shower tomorrow, so we will see how it works. Pray the well is not going dry!! Work went well yesterday. There really wasn't much to do, not a whole lot of mail came in yesterday as it was a holiday in Ontario. Today will be a different story. I was off from 11am-3pm, so I visited with a dear friend of mine. We had lunch and played cards (Skipbo). I will do the same on Wednesday as today she has a dr's appt. Hubby made supper for a change, to bed early, I was pooped.

Today I will come home for lunch.

I have a mouse that has been calling in. Need to re-set the darn trap with more peanut butter.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, all. Blondie--we got a downpour last night; sorry it didn't hit your county as well. Let me know if you need any canning jars. I have a friend who lives on Camp Carefree (near you, I think) and I could probably get her to bring them your way. Had a great meeting at the local guild last night. Carol Britt from Batiks, Etc. showed pictures from their trip to Bali. Those batiks are HAND DYED. The Hoffman Bali Pops are cut by hand, sorted, packaged, etc. by hand. It was such an informative program. Quilt bee today and then lunch with the gals. Need to visit a friend who is having surgery later this week. Have a great day, folks. Love and prayers and hugs to all.
    I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning....

I didn't get much done on mom's quilt last night as we ended up in the ER with her. She was admitted with pneumonia again. I just talked to her and she said the doctor hasn't been in yet this morning - so maybe we'll know more about what's going on after he comes in.

Blondie....great finds, those pressure canners are expensive.

Well I'd better get back to work. Have a wonderful day - prayers and hugs to all.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Blondie hope all goes well with your Mom's eye doctor and Shirley, I will keep your Mom in my prayers throughout the day. One of my DH's forum friend's Mother has been in the hospital with pneumonia also, she is 88. I think this air-conditioning is not good for us, especially if you are in and out of it all the time.

Monique: I have the best mouse trap for you. Ava is a great mouser. I got up this morning and went to let TarButt out and there was Ava with her 7 kittens sitting on the porch with a nice big Chipmunk for me! I am glad she is teaching them to hunt. It might be easier to find them homes if the folks know they come from good hunting stock!

Yesterday was a nice leisurely, or should I say LAZY day. DH was totally exhausted from his weekend away and did nothing but lay around watching movies. So I joined him. It was great, just him and me and the dogs!
    Today we have to go to town for our usual Tuesday shopping day. I need to get more batting but probably not this trip. I have a birthday coming up so I will definitely have a few things on my list that I want! A trip to Joann's would be awesome. Tomorrow is our 8th wedding Anniversary and I know we are going out to eat. At least we better LOL.

hugs and prayers.

Have a great day.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm afraid I am wallowing in sadness this morning. I'm determined not to let it rule the day, so I'm going to keep working on my two sunflower quilts. The reason I'm sad is because my step-dad just recently died. He was 88 and very sick and it wasn't a surprise but I am not only grieving for the loss of him but of my mom all over again. She's been gone for 6 years now. Ah, grief. Why do you come to visit and why do you stay so long? I am thankful, though, that these two people are worth mourning over. Do you know what I mean? They loved me and my mom was especially proud of my quilts. I think of her every quilt I make and imagine what she might say about it.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The best laid plans of mice and men . . . I have cats but I don't think any of them know what a mouse is. However, if it will help, I'll ship them to Monique for a while.

I am hoping that all those wonderful visits with family come my way soon (other than the DD, DSIL and DGDs). We should be back on track for the monthly meeting of the Jones kids at MY house in a couple weeks. The summers do get all messed up with vacations and other side trips. Wish I had a red-headed, long-haired son . . . I always wanted a red head in the family and had the most serious crush on a red-headed boy in high school. Of course he never looked my way. Mentioned this to his mother one time after I was grown and she told me that I should consider myself very lucky because he had a red-headed temper and needed smacked upside the head all the time. Hope Josh isn't like that.

The girls were absolutely hilarious yesterday. Silly and full of giggles. In fact, quite often they need to be reined in. I gave them foil and had them make 'thinking caps' and their creativity far surpassed anything I thought they would come up with. First project of the week - paper mache - so they had to come up with a design. They elected the giant word ART so each of them will be doing a letter. They spent a good deal of the morning tearing up newsprint and we searched for items to use as the foundation. We'll be finishing the construction of the base today and may have time to start some of the assembly. Anyone purchased wallpaper paste lately? Whew! EXPENSIVE . . . at least I thought so. Also made a trip to HL so they could select their poster paint colors. What ever happened to red, blue and yellow? I think we have a NEON purple, SILVER, Pepto-bismo pink, neon yellow, blue-green, lavendar . . . oh, and ORANGE!

Got a couple quilt labels to stitch up today if I can trust these three alone with wet paper and paste. Other than that I'm floating.

Here's to everyone who can feel my love and hugs. Prayers going out, warm thoughts for all. Dancing in the nude with hopes of enough rain to save the trees.

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!!! l'm laughing so hard l'm gonna pass out lolol.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! LOL Sandy your priceless....l'll be back l need the ladies room HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :