Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hate to ask, but need prayers.

As many of you know I suffer from systemic lupus, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis. I just have not felt like myself for the past month. It started with tingling in my right hand and foot. I figured I was just having a flare. It continues to bother me, periodically, and the inflammation in various parts of my body, is really starting to wear on my mental health. Last week my knee looked like something out of a horror flick it was so swollen. Knees, hands, and wrists have rendered me practically useless today. Hands have felt tingly, like if they fell asleep. Not really sure what to think. Rheumatologist calls what I have 'overlap syndrome'. Because everything I have is a connective tissue disease. She also said it makes me susceptible to any other connective tissue disease. Guess I need to get my butt to the doc and find out what is going on. I keep telling myself that I am just having a flare, brought on by the terrible hot weather. My body does not handle extreme temperatures in either direction. DH thinks I may have carpal tunnel. Either way, I just need to get to feeling better so that I can do the things I have committed to doing, + my hospital quilts. Thank you all ahead of time. With you all behind me, I know I will be back to my old self soon.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hate to ask, but need prayers.

I hope that you start to feel better soon! My mom had RA as well, and I know how bad flare ups can be for her with just the RA, so I can't even imagine how it feels with the fibromyalgia and systemic lupus on top of it. Lots of good vibes and prayers sending your way now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine living with the problems you have and so I pray that they can figure it all out and get you back to feeling better. I'm sorry that you are dealing with all that.

HUGS,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like me when it comes to going to the doctor. Don't want to, unless I'm bleeding profusely and even then I'm more prone to try to stop it myself. Don't like them at all, yet I can fall asleep in the dentists chair, go figure.

Swelling can reduce circulation, which in turn can cause tingling. Then again it could be ninety other things as well.

Go get yourself checked and in the meantime we'll pray they can find/fix it quickly, without too much poking and prodding.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Marilyn))), poor thing, know how things can pile up and drag on. Prayers and healing light every day heading your way but you need to get that (_|_) to the doctor. I made my appointment last week. :/ Got that tingling in the left arm, down to the pinky and ring finger.

Fine mess we get ourselfs into right! lol Maybe we can dip our bodies in a vat of Biofreeze. Seriously though, you need to follow the advise you have me last week. You need to listen to your body, rest and make that appointment. Promise.

Love you, huggers, Ruby and Don
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Many prayers for you, my dear! Hope the visit to the doc can get you feeling better soon! I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad......I'll be praying for you.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Girl you know you have my prayers! Been there and still doing that! My Dr finally upped my pain meds this week so I can try to walk decent without the foot drop. Although it's not working. I'm gonna call and get it doubled. Maybe you need something too. I hope you feel better and remember moist heat and ice are your friend. (hugs) gently

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you're hurting. Prayers for you that you'll be up and around soon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, please see someone to get yourself better....warm thoughts coming your way.

2013 = God's continued grace, healthy friends and family, and many wonderful sewing projects
    Jeanette