Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingtrish View Post
    Just now seeing this thread.
    First - so happy to hear your DH got the job Hillbilly. I'm sure that helps with stress levels.

I've been super busy this past weekend. We had a wedding we attended on Saturday for a niece. Then on Sunday was a going away party for my 2nd son who joined the Marines. Monday evening we delivered him to the recruiter, we then took him to dinner and returned him to the hotel, and on Tuesday morning saw him off to Parris Island. I plan to stay very busy between work and quilting to make the time fly for me.

Dust? I just dusted the other day. Sorry you missed it -
    I do clean quite often, it bugs me if I don't. I should quilt more than I do though.

Hugs,
    Will your son be deployed over seas? I hope all goes well for him.

My son in law is on the way home from Afghanistan. BOO. Sorry. couldn't help it. He hasn't been a good boy at all since joining. He's not been nice to my DD either. They married real quick right before he went in...big mistake. Oh well, we will see what the next month brings.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

He just started the 12 weeks of boot camp. So, other than Parris Island where he is right now, he isn't going anywhere just yet. Thank God!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"Family Cloth"?!?!?!?!?!!
    Oh my heavens. I'll spend a week planting trees someplace just so I don't have to wash that! OK, even a month! I am not good with going that green.

We do use cloth hankies here. I love the flannel for runny noses, and my husband has some great prints from the half-off novelty print section. A quick trip through the serger's rolled hem feature and we are set. I have even given them as gifts, and folks seem to like them. Most folks just don't think about a permanent Kleenex.

Good luck to your son Trish!

As for dust, I like a swiffer duster for dusting (when I get around to it). It really does hold a lot of the dust and it can fit in between things so I don't have to move stuff when I do decide to dust. The goats dig at least one dust wallow in the pasture every summer and that gets everywhere when we have the windows open. The woodstove puts out its own amount of dust in the winter, but I'll take the dust over the cold any day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Quote Originally Posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    I certainly agree with all on the dust issue. I hate to dust, and I have allergies too and dusting just stirs it all up and makes allergies worse! I live with 2 cats, unfortuately HA, so I take Allegra year round which helps immensely, but when ragweed blooms it doesn't help quite enough.
    The Allegra (NO decongestant) is a blocker, so you don't get the drowsiness with it--Hillbilly it may be o.k. for you to take even while nursing your baby, is prescription so you could check with your Dr.
    I can't take most decongestants make me drunk as a skunk and I can't function like that, so they are a no-go for me.
    Our still at home child is now a driver, so that helps. I don't have to run her here and there all the time like I used to. She does have a chronic illness that requires quite frequent treatments and Dr. visits, but I usually take some handwork on those days. Sometimes hand sewing, sometimes crochet.
    They say a messy kitchen is a sign of a good cook.....I just relate that to the sewing room too!
    Every time I clean and organize it.......then start a project, it's just a mess again. I know where everything is.....might have to dig through a pile to retrieve it, but it's there, so why worry about it?
    Right now, I have a TV tray added to the confusion, it is holding my strips for the Christmas Block Swap, but I am able to walk around it, so things aren't tooo tooo messy in here.........right??? LOL
    Lola
    I have a book my husband bought me that says messy people are creative people. When I find it I'll give you the title and the author LOL I think my DH was either trying to tell me I'm messy or he was trying to make me feel better because I am messy. Either way I'm messy and some days proud of it!

Machine Stitcher

Farmington Hills, MI (and Lake Havasu, AZ during the Winter Snows)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it )[/QUOTE]

I like your story. I remember my mom telling me that if no one touches the dusty areas, no one would notice they were dusty. The dust only shows up when it is disturbed. That said, maybe you should know that my furniture tops are all grey and will remain that way until company is due!
    Barbara W in MI who hates four letter words: cook, dust, iron, wash.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so what is taking up all my time right now??

12 yr old has a lot going on this weekend because of our church's involvement in "country Harvest". Back and forth, back and forth.

Husband had a diabetic incident yesterday. Worse than I've ever seen, and if I could have got him to the ER, he would be in the hospital yet today. He was a mess, didn't know where he was or what he was doing. He's been asleep for about 16 hrs straight except when I went to poke him to check his blood sugar. After 16 hrs, I made him wake up and eat, but he went right back to sleep again.

And the baby has hives. Again. Ugh.

Who even cares about dusting?? When I get a spare moment it's just me and my machine for some down time!

Is everyone else having a nice weekend? I don't have time to reply to all posts right now. Forgive me.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    Ok, so what is taking up all my time right now??

12 yr old has a lot going on this weekend because of our church's involvement in "country Harvest". Back and forth, back and forth.

Husband had a diabetic incident yesterday. Worse than I've ever seen, and if I could have got him to the ER, he would be in the hospital yet today. He was a mess, didn't know where he was or what he was doing. He's been asleep for about 16 hrs straight except when I went to poke him to check his blood sugar. After 16 hrs, I made him wake up and eat, but he went right back to sleep again.

And the baby has hives. Again. Ugh.

Who even cares about dusting?? When I get a spare moment it's just me and my machine for some down time!

Is everyone else having a nice weekend? I don't have time to reply to all posts right now. Forgive me.
    Im so sorry your having a time at it. I will put and your family in my prayers right away. Made it to my first ever quilt show. All I can say is wow! Had a blast take care of yourself, Tonya.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tonya, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Do you have family close by, that can help? Can we call someone for you?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janluna View Post
    Tonya, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Do you have family close by, that can help? Can we call someone for you?
    No, I have never had family. Jerry has parents in Texas, but they aren't healthy. His dad has some rare from of MS that I can't pronounce or spell, but due to that, they can't help.

Jerry is frustrating because he won't go to the hospital. I just got back from Maysville...it's about 20 miles away...my son was having such a great time. He has friends there...and this is the first time in his life he's had friends!!
    Anyway, out of the last 24 hours, Jerry slept 23 of them. THe hour he was awake was when I woke him up and forced him to drink water and eat a sandwich. He's awake again now. I got him to drink again and gave him some toast.
    In spite of hives, Baby boy has been wonderfully good all day. Seth has a friend spending the night, so I just moved the recliner into the baby's room and I am going to shut myself in and go to sleep there tonight.
    I just thought I'd hop on and check in. Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it. We are doing ok. I just need my husband to realize he can't leave me stranded to take care of this baby boy alone. I've been a single mom and don't want to do that again!! So, he's got to take care of himself. I am bummed that his blood sugar was over 300 when I just took it about 10 minutes ago. And that's after all that fasting. What a mess he is!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my Hillbilly. Prayers are coming for you.
    I wish these DH's of ours would understand that WE don't want to take them to the ER either, but for his health's sake, they gotta go sometimes. I am praying he doesn't go in diabetic shock.

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish