Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

Hi all . I too am having a time with allergies this season. I was gettn upset cause they are bothering me. Grrr. I just want to breathe. I will once the weather starts to change. I love the fall until it turns cold, brrrrr. I havent been able to sew for a week. I threw my back out and the doc put me on goofy pills, so sewing is out of the question. I miss it. Today was the first day I've been to work in a week. My job is very physical so I had to stay home. Im about done with the goofy pills so I can start again. YAHOO!!!!. BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby . Wow theres a whole lotta chalkbords around here. Good luck to the hubby and I will add him to my prayer list. Take care ... Paula

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much going on in my life at the moment that I had to let something go so I chose to drop sleep rather than the quilting. I come in from work about 6, make dinner for mum and then sit down to do some work to prepare for uni. Then I give up after an hour because the steel designer's manual is nowhere near as fun as the pile of fabric next to me.

Then I look up at the clock and it's 2am and I've been sewing all night so I realise that I need to go to sleep. It's a good job my work doesn't include operating any heavy machinery at the moment!

I figure tidying is just hiding the mess. The mess is still there just hidden in a cupboard so why not be open about it?
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by middlesis1966 View Post
    BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby .
    This happens in our house as well but is usually done by my grandchildren, the dust amuses them, I frequently find 'massages' on the TV Screen (we don't watch TV so it only gets used when the grandkids come to visit)
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sign in my house that says" you can look at the dust just don't write in it."
    I also have a sign that says "welcome to the zoo, sit back and relax." And I have 2 dogs with double coats and I too have clumps of dog hair everywhere. I'm always chasing that down, then add my birds and their dander and we have a free for all. excuse me....achoo...
    oh my head.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

I also have a sign that says" happy kitchens are messy kitchens and mine is delirious "

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that says "Our house is in pieces, our mum is a quilter"
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

I just love you girls. I love the UV rays in the dust and writing in it ....saving those to use I started a beginning quilt class here in Mt.Airy but had to smile a few times, I think I've learned more from the tutorials then I should of...but a part of me just missed my sewing room and the forum. I learn so much from all of you. Im still unpacking boxes...moving from New York to Cana Va/Mt. Airy Nc is not an easy task. My daily notes and texts from Jan make it so much easier tho Thank you Jan. Hillbilly I hope your husband gets the job and I just love your blog. Hope the allergies ease up for those of you with them. Have a blessed night...Hugs Laura

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly,

Wishing your husband the best of luck on the job and saying a little prayer.

NM Lady

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dusting? I hate it....
    I live on a dirt road and it is so dry that there is constantly dirt in the air. I definitely do not want dusitng to get in the way of my quilting! I have been having sinus headaches the last few days and what if I did dust and all that would just irritate my sinuses!!! I have to look out for myself.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly agree with all on the dust issue. I hate to dust, and I have allergies too and dusting just stirs it all up and makes allergies worse! I live with 2 cats, unfortuately HA, so I take Allegra year round which helps immensely, but when ragweed blooms it doesn't help quite enough.
    The Allegra (NO decongestant) is a blocker, so you don't get the drowsiness with it--Hillbilly it may be o.k. for you to take even while nursing your baby, is prescription so you could check with your Dr.
    I can't take most decongestants make me drunk as a skunk and I can't function like that, so they are a no-go for me.
    Our still at home child is now a driver, so that helps. I don't have to run her here and there all the time like I used to. She does have a chronic illness that requires quite frequent treatments and Dr. visits, but I usually take some handwork on those days. Sometimes hand sewing, sometimes crochet.
    They say a messy kitchen is a sign of a good cook.....I just relate that to the sewing room too!
    Every time I clean and organize it.......then start a project, it's just a mess again. I know where everything is.....might have to dig through a pile to retrieve it, but it's there, so why worry about it?
    Right now, I have a TV tray added to the confusion, it is holding my strips for the Christmas Block Swap, but I am able to walk around it, so things aren't tooo tooo messy in here.........right??? LOL
    Lola