Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturdays are meant for fun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 26 b.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	25579

Good Morning folksies! Happy end of the week to you! Doing the happy dance for my personal TGIF. Woke up this morning all stuffy - allergy to something going on. Nothing that a hot cuppa won't help.

Yesterday we were expecting some heavy hitting t-storms to make their way. Nope. They have been passing right over us. All we have been getting is some wind and thunder. Sure could use some weather. Becki, did you lose power? WXII was speaking of High Point area and there abouts with 4000 folks without power. I know you are in W-S, but not sure how far between. My son in GSBO had some fierce weather. Send it to Fisher Hill Road. The little brick house on the right, after Curry Curve before the big bend and drop at Patterson's Place. You know I am trying to do the same for all here who need it. Has anyone here been affected by the storms in the NE? Trish? I heard some whoppers were in Pennsy.

Sis and I have taken a few days off from the yard crashing because of my work and her back. We are almost about ready to start in again. We have only just begun, actually. I am bringing my sketch book back down to Mom's to walk around the yard with. We are almost at the place of being able to dig up some things to move to the front. I want to make sure I don't miss a good opportunity.

Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone! No guarentees I will be here in the morning; we may have a sleep over at Mom's tonite.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturdays are meant for fun

Good morning....

I'm up early..went to bed early last night. We got some thunder last night and the sky looked stormy but it missed us. I'm getting ready to do some more on Mom's quilt this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone...prayers and hugs to all.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Got the call last night from Cyndi that more quilts for Bethany's new crop of Foster kids were needed. Two boys and a girl. Seems that girls are easier to make or find quilts for. I was working on a new HST quilt for a girl as she was making the request. Got the blocks done for that during the first part of the Olympics opening ceremonies. But she needed two boy quilts. I already had some squares cut for a boy quilt, but for an older kid. So I found some very cute pirate fabric that would go with the color of the squares I had already cut, Cyndi gave the go ahead, and I got the blocks sewn and cut and ironed during the Parade of Nations. I'm going to put it together this morning.

Still not a drop of rain here, we haven't had rain in weeks. My trees are showing stress, 3 dear trees in my front bed, one Japanese maple that was a memorial tree for my late husband, definitely want to help that survive!

Hugs and prayers for all! Have a great day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.

I got the DP9 put together yesterday. Stared it a while to figure out how to quilt it. I decided straight lines were the fastest. I need this by Aug 12. So that is what I did yesterday. Started hand quilting it. It is going very fast.

I did go to that sale yesterday. I picked up a lot of thread, some embroidery patterns, and two quilting magazines. There were a lot of magazines, but I have so many already. There wasn't a whole lot of fabric, just a few pieces, which I did not buy. She did have a Singer Featherweight that is going up for silent auction. And no, I did not bid. I already have one.

Today, we will go grocery shopping for the trip to the camp tomorrow. I am so looking foward to some relaxing time. I think I will take the hand quilting with me although I don't know if I will have time. There will be lots of fishing being done.

That's about it for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All!
    I'm off for the first of two days worth of providing training in Emergency Animal Sheltering. This ought to be interesting. I am hoping all goes smoothly, or I may just quit as the training director. I'm not so sure why I feel obligated to continue this project, it is not like I am being paid. It takes up huge amounts of time I could be quilting and eats the fabric budget in terms of extra gas for all of the meetings I have to attend.
    Ugh!
    The one good thing is that most of the people are really great. That is what I'll be focusing on today. Great people out for a good cause!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    Cathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Taking the grand-kids shopping later for baby fabric. Their new baby brother was born after they arrived here and they want to try making a quilt for him. Pray for all three of us...LOL!

We had stormy weather here last night....high winds and rain. Between the weather and cramping legs, I didn't get much sleep. I need to get outside and see where my porch ferns landed after getting blown away.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, woke up with bad leg cramps so go up and jumped in the hot tub for a good muscle soaking. That was very relaxing.
    It rained for about a minute here yesterday afternoon. It got real windy so I went out and rolled the windows up on the truck and then it rained about a minute and quite. DH was in the garage (with the big door opened), buffing a gun barrel he is repairing for a friend, and he didn't even hear the rain. LOL. He said he knew it got windy but didn't know it rained. I said it didn't even get the driveway dirt wet!
    Watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics last night. I told DH that I didn't understand why I didn't feel a connection with England. I was born in USA, Mom was from Australia (which I feel a connection too) but all Mom's family from her parents back were from England, yet I do not feel that pull to England like I do to Australia.

Going to relax and watch some Olympics today, as soon as I look up what's on and when. Maybe I'll even try to get some quilting done. I do have some UFOs waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.

Have a great weekend.
    Hugs and prayers.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Sounds as if most have a quite day planned. I will be here at work until 20 and then home to do some quilting. It seems as of right now the only time I have to quilt is Sat afternoon and on Sunday. By the time I get home from work and get the evening meal done I am too tired to do anything else. So I am looking forward to this afternoon.

Have a great day my friends.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy to Blondie: "Just how many muscles are there in your body?"
    Blondie to Sandy: "I don't know, but every one of them hurts."
    Sandy to Blondie: "Now you know why I have a flower bed with weeds."

Sounds as if everyone has been busy or has busy plans. Wish I was off to go fishing with Monique and family. Wish I had a new grandson to make a quilt for - jealous of the BOYS, Myrna. Shirley - what's the latest on Momma, and do we get sneak peaks at her quilt in progress. Jean, Jean, Sewing Machine - do you EVER sleep? You seem to be the busiest lady I have ever come in contact with. I think you must put on a Speedo in the morning. Sending you a PM shortly, too. Cathy - you know what they say: "If you want something done and done correctly, just ask the busiest person you know to do it." You seem to always have your hands full. Sure hoping your training session goes well - now just train someone else to do your job. Volunteer jobs are quite often thankless - but you know the good feeling when you have accomplished your goal. You go Girl!

Talk about volunteering. Volunteered to be a quilting judge at the neighboring county 4-H Achievement Day. Judging took place last night in the community center (actually a reclaimed school house where I attended from 3rd through 8th grade). I was really dreading going because I haven't been feeling my perkiest and they had said we may be as late as 10:30 p.m. finishing. I think there were a dozen entries in the Quilting section so I was finished around 8:30 (YEAH). The did, however, save the very best for last.

Jacob was the most adorable 12 YO male quilter - complete with red hair and freckles (my soft spot for certain), and dimples that lit up the whole room. His flashing big brown eyes just stole my heart away and his pride in his projects made the whole night worth it. So poised for a young man, eager to tell his story, articulate and knowledgeable. I was so impressed with his work and tried to trick him a couple times to see if he actually did the work by himself (I am certain he did although there were a couple others that I questioned). Jacob, instead of one quilt, had three projects and was able to tell me in detail just how each was constructed, where he had problems, what he would do differently, and why he enjoyed quilting. I would have brought him home with me if I wouldn't get caught and charged with kidnapping. We so need a young man in the family. Anyway, Jacob earned the Best of Show ribbon in the quilting category. He is the only one who knew his quilting instructor's name, knew the pattern of his quilt (Crazy Eight), and the only one who put a border on his quilt.

Today I believe I will retire to my studio and try to finish some commitments I have made to others. I have been so lazy lately and totally strung out with the grandkids.

Sending out those special thoughts and prayers, you know the routine. If you need a hug I've got them . . . and don't be alarmed if I lean my head on your shoulder and start snoring a bit during the embrace.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at our fairgrounds today setting up for our fair. I did some judging-not quilts though- last week. i did get a sneak peek at some of 4H quilts though. There our some very talented kids out there. Our quilting heritage is safe for another generation.
    i gave my entries a final going-over, two small quilts and a purse this year. we'll see how it goes.