Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a frustration on the quilt kit

Run to the trash bin and pull it out! lol After some sleep and a good swig of Mai Tai - ok many swigs of Mai Tai, you will be able to take a new approach to the kit.

If the print doesn't allow for the cutting, then applique the portions so that the animals heads won't be missing. Just restyle the kit into your own quilt. You can do it.

You can email me a photo and I can photoshop a layout for you if you need help. rubyschmer@yahoo.com

Aloha and huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This was my first and last time a buy a kit and to think I purchased two of the same one I liked it so much lol well one good thing I got all the kinks out of the first one lol. Let me know how it goes I would love to see it. Mahalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    you have me scared now. I found a quilt my son loves and they have it in a kit. I have never done one from a kit so am a little nervous about it because I am pretty good at making mistakes. I just hate the process of picking out the fabric especially for men. He liked the fabric in this kit so thought I may give it a try
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby thanks so much for the offer. I did put it down for a bit and picked it up today and worked on it and it seems to be better today. I ended up putting musilin on the back instead of flannel I was tired of going to Fabric Mart lol. I am saving you email for future reference just in case. Much Mahalo
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
    Run to the trash bin and pull it out! lol After some sleep and a good swig of Mai Tai - ok many swigs of Mai Tai, you will be able to take a new approach to the kit.

If the print doesn't allow for the cutting, then applique the portions so that the animals heads won't be missing. Just restyle the kit into your own quilt. You can do it.

You can email me a photo and I can photoshop a layout for you if you need help. rubyschmer@yahoo.com

Aloha and huggers, Ruby
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree to put it aside, however, have you thought of writing/contacting the originators of the kit? Just a thought.