Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

I googled jelly roll quilts, clicked on images and there are some wonderful jr quilts with and without the squares.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean.... Thank you for this information.... I am thinking of doing a JRR, using fat quarters, and needed to see what it might look like.

Do you think adding the small squares would make it look too busy?

Now that I have made one JRR2 quikt too, I want to make MORE.....and maybe experiment a little.

Thanks..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by easyquilts View Post
    Jean.... Thank you for this information.... I am thinking of doing a JRR, using fat quarters, and needed to see what it might look like.

Do you think adding the small squares would make it look too busy?

Now that I have made one JRR2 quikt too, I want to make MORE.....and maybe experiment a little.

Thanks..
    sandy, I would just not put the square between every strip if you are doing it with fat quarters. I like the random look myself!

This one was done with JR strips but I didn't put the pop of color between each strip. Less is more in my book, especially if you use a high contrast color for the squares. I love how this one turned out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	71271
    Not finished in this picture, I bordered it with the hot pink, then a black print.

Sandy, you are getting hooked, I can tell! You will soon be the new JellyRoll Queen! ( this is what the forum members called me when I was making a lot of JRR quilts).

I am working on a new tutorial on how to use the JRR technique to make Queen and King size quilts. It's videotaped and edited, just need to upload it to YouTube. That takes hours, so it may be ready for primetime tomorow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean I think it's wonderful that the local shop is going to take advantage of your talents... so many years you have been sewing and creating and for sure you have a fabulous and friendly way of communicating with other so well... It's a win win,,, I think you truly love to share and interact with others.. and the the shop can only benefit from this... I do a lot of "strip cutting" because of the huge accumulation of fabric over the years and I just can't part with it... I bought or got it because I LOVED it then and I still do... Good for you helping others understand the value of "cutting their own strips"... Good Luck,, keep us posted..
    ps.. I'm hoping to meet you in person this year... at the retreat!!!! B
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    Jean I think it's wonderful that the local shop is going to take advantage of your talents... so many years you have been sewing and creating and for sure you have a fabulous and friendly way of communicating with other so well... It's a win win,,, I think you truly love to share and interact with others.. and the the shop can only benefit from this... I do a lot of "strip cutting" because of the huge accumulation of fabric over the years and I just can't part with it... I bought or got it because I LOVED it then and I still do... Good for you helping others understand the value of "cutting their own strips"... Good Luck,, keep us posted..
    ps.. I'm hoping to meet you in person this year... at the retreat!!!! B
    Barb, I never got to do the class. Oh, too bad, so sad! Their loss!

Would love it if you were able to come to the retreat! We've forged so many friendships through this forum!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think they all look great. Love the colours in all of them.
    One must be very pleased with how they have turned out, mustn't one??
    You've really earned your crown, Jean!!
    HUGS,
    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cute cute cute!! Jean you are such a dynamo!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.