Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

I think the hot pink with the black and white would look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I was thinking of doing this with black and white strips using hot pink. I would add them at random, not every one--what do you think that would look like?
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Panda;147329]
    Do you have a smart phone? If so, you can load their app and get the coupons on your phone, you don't need to print them out, just show them when you check out, the clerk will copy the number down And give you the discount.[/QUOTE

I would be upset if my joanns moved that far away also. No I don't have a smart phone. I do have an I-pad, but I don't take it out with me, so I print my coupons and I also get them with the sale brochure they mail. I am due to get a new phone and I just might update to a smart phone, because when I am without my I-pad I am lost.

Kathy
    So you were asking me if my pictures could be enlarged, I just tapped twice on then on the iPad and they got larger. They don't fill the whole page like they would if I posted them on FB. I don't like posting them on FB anymore, too many smart alecks out there that make wise cracks about what I post. I have some sarcastic friends, I'd unfriend them if I could figure out how to do it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jean Sewing Machine;147370]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    So you were asking me if my pictures could be enlarged, I just tapped twice on then on the iPad and they got larger. They don't fill the whole page like they would if I posted them on FB. I don't like posting them on FB anymore, too many smart alecks out there that make wise cracks about what I post. I have some sarcastic friends, I'd unfriend them if I could figure out how to do it!
    Click on their name to go to their page. In the upper righthand corner of the page, under the header there will be a button with the word Friends and a checkmark. Click the button for a drop down screen. At the bottom of the drop down is the option to unfriend.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=K. McEuen;147373]

Click on their name to go to their page. In the upper righthand corner of the page, under the header there will be a button with the word Friends and a checkmark. Click the button for a drop down screen. At the bottom of the drop down is the option to unfriend.
    Thanks, those sarcastic people are HISTORY!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think hot pink, black and white would look awesome. But I am a little biased, that was my wedding colours last year! lol

And you are certainly the JRR Queen my dear, so you rock that crown!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jean Sewing Machine;147398]
    Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post

Thanks, those sarcastic people are HISTORY!
    Good for you. I can't believe people would make horrible comments about your beautiful work, on FB no less! The "worst" I have had about my various textile crafts (so far) is "You have too much time on your hands" or "I can't afford the time". My stock answer is "I MAKE the time". What time am I wasting, TV time? Bitching time?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilmouse View Post
    Jean, I haven't tried this yet but will.....if you add a 2 1/2 square at the end of each strip; sew the seams straight - not angled it gives the jelly roll a totally different look and adds a little to the dimensions...the one I saw had the squares all the same color...a tan I believe....I am waiting to try this one out...have the jelly roll and the fabric for the squares..no time...on my bucket list...have made several JR quilts and love making them....and everyone seems to like them.
    Do you have a link to a photo of a quilt like this? Sounds interesting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverMomm View Post
    Do you have a link to a photo of a quilt like this? Sounds interesting!
    It's a picture in my brain--want to try some ESP? Maybe lilmouse has a picture.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had the black and white jelly rolls and found some hot pink, put together a top and I think it is going to be good! I'll work on finishing it later this week, this may be another winner!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

That is just ridiculous. they are NOT friends if they are leaving sarcastic remarks about your beautiful quilts. Off with their heads I say. Don't need 'friends' like that.[QUOTE=Jean Sewing Machine;147370]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......