Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

Jean, thank you for all the info. It sure will come in handy when I make a jelly roll quilt. You are very generous for sharing. BTW, I love your hello kitty quilt you made out of flannel, so I went on the hunt for hello kitty flannel because my granddaughter loves hello kitty. I went to joanns and they had a whole new section of all kinds of hello kitty fabric. I showed my granddaughter the one you made and told her I found the fabric so that I could make her one and she was very excited.

Thanks again for always sharing, Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilmouse View Post
    Jean, I haven't tried this yet but will.....if you add a 2 1/2 square at the end of each strip; sew the seams straight - not angled it gives the jelly roll a totally different look and adds a little to the dimensions...the one I saw had the squares all the same color...a tan I believe....I am waiting to try this one out...have the jelly roll and the fabric for the squares..no time...on my bucket list...have made several JR quilts and love making them....and everyone seems to like them.
    I was thinking of doing this with black and white strips using hot pink. I would add them at random, not every one--what do you think that would look like?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Jean, thank you for all the info. It sure will come in handy when I make a jelly roll quilt. You are very generous for sharing. BTW, I love your hello kitty quilt you made out of flannel, so I went on the hunt for hello kitty flannel because my granddaughter loves hello kitty. I went to joanns and they had a whole new section of all kinds of hello kitty fabric. I showed my granddaughter the one you made and told her I found the fabric so that I could make her one and she was very excited.

Thanks again for always sharing, Kathy
    and the licensed fabrics are on sale at Joanns this week, just bought some Batman to do one for Hello Kitty's brother.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindagie View Post
    Just wondering which local quilt shop you are talking about; is this near Florissant? I might be interested in attending the class.
    Winston's Sewing Center, St. Peters, Mo. We're going to work on them in Sept, two sessions on Saturdays to build the top, private sessions to do the finishing. Google them or check www.sewtopia.com
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 24th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I was in joanns on Sunday and didn't notice that they were on sale. I will have to check that out, because I hate to pay full price at joanns when they always have sales or coupons. I will also check their website.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was in joanns on Sunday and didn't notice that they were on sale. I will have to check that out, because I hate to pay full price at joanns when they always have sales or coupons. I will also check their website.

Thanks,
    Kathy
    I think they had a different sale Sat and Sun. I bought mine on Monday, that sale runs through the week.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I think they had a different sale Sat and Sun. I bought mine on Monday, that sale runs through the week.
    Did you buy yours at the store or on-line? I have a Joanns only about 5 minutes away from me so I can go there quite often. I will definitely be going there again before the weekend.

Thank you,
    Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Did you buy yours at the store or on-line? I have a Joanns only about 5 minutes away from me so I can go there quite often. I will definitely be going there again before the weekend.

Thank you,
    Kathy
    In the store, mine moved to 30 miles away, I will always be cross at them for that!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you,
    Kathy
    Do you have a smart phone? If so, you can load their app and get the coupons on your phone, you don't need to print them out, just show them when you check out, the clerk will copy the number down And give you the discount.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jean Sewing Machine;147320]Do you have a smart phone? If so, you can load their app and get the coupons on your phone, you don't need to print them out, just show them when you check out, the clerk will copy the number down And give you the discount.[/QUOTE

I would be upset if my joanns moved that far away also. No I don't have a smart phone. I do have an I-pad, but I don't take it out with me, so I print my coupons and I also get them with the sale brochure they mail. I am due to get a new phone and I just might update to a smart phone, because when I am without my I-pad I am lost.

Kathy