Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuzzy slippers and a camera

I like this general chit chat section. You all have to give me a break...I spend my entire existence (mostly) with an 8 month old baby. We don't have a second car, so we don't get out and about. So, I like to post general life stuff here, but no one else seems to. That's ok. This thread says it's not to be about quilting. So, here is what it is today.

Why oh why did I clean house? When I did I misplaced my fuzzy slippers (as I slipped them off somewhere to put on my mopping shoes, but somehow managed to not slip them off in my closet). I also found a nice new home for my camera. Where? I have NO idea! I've looked and looked.

You will be happy to know that I found my fuzzy slippers under the couch cushions I had taken off to vacuum. But the camera is still tucked away in it's nice new home. (Next time I am leaving it next to my laptop. My husband hates all my stuff out on the table--by my laptop--but how is a girl to blog without her camera??)

Ok, that is all for my Sunday evening rambles. Feel free to join in so I don't feel so out in left field.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuzzy slippers and a camera

If I had a dollar for every time I put something where I would surely remember where it was the next time I wanted it I would be rich. lol

Wow! mopping shoes, I just have to wear my house shoes to do all my cleaning. See if I just had that money I could buy some.
    Shelia

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texsam View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I put something where I would surely remember where it was the next time I wanted it I would be rich. lol

Wow! mopping shoes, I just have to wear my house shoes to do all my cleaning. See if I just had that money I could buy some.
    Oh, you should see my 'mopping shoes'. They are my very old (like 7 yrs) tennis shoes. I have to use them to mop, as I mop Pippy style. NO mop, just old cloth diapers under my shoes! I really should buy new shoes...but if I get a spare penny I save it for a deal of the day!!That's much more important, don't you think?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    ...but if I get a spare penny I save it for a deal of the day!!That's much more important, don't you think?
    YES it is more important! Anymore when I go to buy something (unless it's important and that's always debatable lol ), I will stop and think - do you really want that and how much fabric can you buy for that money!
    Shelia

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean entirely. I'm always being told off by my big sister for being messy but I know exactly where everything is (usually on the floor). In her neat and tidy house she spends hours rumaging in cupboards for things she can't find so I think I've definitely got the right system.
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrchapman View Post
    I know what you mean entirely. I'm always being told off by my big sister for being messy but I know exactly where everything is (usually on the floor). In her neat and tidy house she spends hours rumaging in cupboards for things she can't find so I think I've definitely got the right system.
    LOL, thanks for the ok to be cluttery!!

PS..my camera was in the top fold down part of my little dresser my husband just gave me as we found him a chest of drawers at a garage sale for $3.00. I have had my clothes in milk crates for years, so I am not used to this!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Fuzzy slippers and a camera

Been there and Im still doing it. I gave my sewing room a makeover this weekend. Guess what!!! Come on this is an easy answer you know it, I cant find a darn thing!!!!!! I may just go in there and throw open some draws and put stuff back on the floor so I cant find it, lol. This is why I like my messy sewing area, lol. BTW, I have my candle mat finished. Thanks for the tut on your blog.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fuzzy slippers and a camera

Anybody who has mopping shoes and used milk crates for a dresser is okay in my book! Glad you found your camera!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Middlesis...you are actually doing it?? I didn't think anyone was. I cannot wait until the next Tute...Triangle Heaven! Well, I have no idea what the name will be as it's just beginning the design stages. But, I do think it will draw more interest.

As for milk crates..they are the GREATEST invention. Dressers, book cases, fabric stash organizers, moving boxes. We we have a ton...my husband thinks I'm crazy. I know I am.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hey hillbilly

Glad you found your camera. I visited your blog and love the Stars in Heaven picture and saying (?)
    So I agree with your idea about a thread where we just chat about life. So I'm off to work now. Have a great day.
    Shelia