Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Finished quilt top w/help needed.

Your Batman quilt is so darling. It makes me wish I had a young grandson to make one for!! You did a great job and I love the bat!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiki_yvette View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your help! It looks like I'll be shopping tomorrow. I think the corner to corner will look great too! I will also be sewing around the emblem so hopefully I don't mess up too badly.
    @Jean Sewing Machine Sorry, but I bet it's going to look great!

One last thing, when quilting from corner to corner do you trace a line to make it easier to sew?
    It does make things easier to follow, but most of the time, I just eyeball it (like Jenny says!) The one time when I had to trace was when I put some long strips on the sides of the grid and had to quilt into those strips. I needed a line to show me where to start the quilting line, so that it would like up with the grids. Do you know about Frixon pens? They are found at the office stores and they are removable by applying heat to them. Or I just used a pencil and it washed out of my fabric.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

When I quilt corner to corner I use blue painters masking tape and tape from corner to corner and used as my guide - works great and no marking.