• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cathys311
    9 Patch Princess
    • Mar 2010

Something From The Local Paper...

You don't see this sort of article around this area very much, if at all. It brought tears to my eyes. I just thought I would share it with you...

• Rae
    Prairie Pointer
    • Jan 2010

Re: Something From The Local Paper...

Thanks for sharing. Normally the media just prints all that is bad and ugly.....this reaffirms my belief there are good people in the world.

Happy Sewing,
    Rae

Comment

• middlesis1966
      The Guild President
      • Jun 2010

Thanks for sharing that story. Its always nice to see how the loss of a loved one can leave such a gift like this. She did such a beautiful job.
      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
      PAULA

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2010

I really appreciate you sharing this article. A while back, I had a customer ask me to do this same thing. The mother died of cancer at a young age leaving behind three small children. Her sister-in-law asked me to make 3 children's quilts from their mother's clothes. I had such mixed feelings about doing this job. I just didn't know if it would be a good idea, so soon after her death, to present the kids with a quilt out of her clothes. This article makes me feel better about it. I hope the children love those quilts.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• NM Lady
          Applique Angel
          • Jul 2010

I have a friend that makes quilts from old clothes for people who have lost a loved one. The quilts are really treasured.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• hillbilly
            Banned
            The Guild President
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
            I really appreciate you sharing this article. A while back, I had a customer ask me to do this same thing. The mother died of cancer at a young age leaving behind three small children. Her sister-in-law asked me to make 3 children's quilts from their mother's clothes. I had such mixed feelings about doing this job. I just didn't know if it would be a good idea, so soon after her death, to present the kids with a quilt out of her clothes. This article makes me feel better about it. I hope the children love those quilts.
            It is a good idea, do it! I just made a t shirt quilt for a mom who's son died of C. Palsy. He was 17. She loves it and cuddles under it. She says she feels him surrounding her. She even let me blog his whole story. The quilt was touching and hard to do as I knew him. one shirt in particular made me bawl like a baby because I remember him wearing it so vividly when I took him fishing one time.
            You won't regret making it.

Comment

Working...
            X