• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Musical_Starling
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2012

Re: Looking for a special pattern

Originally posted by Denis View Post
    BTW. I'm not really starting this quilt this weekend or any other time soon, so Sandy will have plenty of time to work out her dance routine and choose a really nice grass skirt. LOL
    Alright Sandy, there's your notice! Get crack-a-lackin! lol

Seriously though, whenever you do start this quilt, we're definitely going to want to see pictures And I know all about people confusing french and english names. My husband's name is Marc, so everyone thinks he's french but actually his Mom just wanted to be different lol
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good luck Gaby, I 'm going to try the flat quilt before I try to make a 3-d sphere! Hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

• Denis
        The Guild President
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Musical_Starling View Post
        Seriously though, whenever you do start this quilt, we're definitely going to want to see pictures And I know all about people confusing french and english names. My husband's name is Marc, so everyone thinks he's french but actually his Mom just wanted to be different lol
        It's going to be a very long while before I tackle this one. I have so many UFOs, some going back as much as 8 yrs.

Well, I come from a French family. Born and raised in Quebec but in the western part of the province on the Ontario border near Ottawa. We definately all have french names. My brother's name is Marc also. My sister gets her name mispronounced almost as often as mine. Hers is Lise and she often gets Liz or Leese. It pronounced like f-leas without the "f". Shh don't tell her I compared her to fleas lol

Comment

• Musical_Starling
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Denis View Post
          It's going to be a very long while before I tackle this one. I have so many UFOs, some going back as much as 8 yrs.

Well, I come from a French family. Born and raised in Quebec but in the western part of the province on the Ontario border near Ottawa. We definately all have french names. My brother's name is Marc also. My sister gets her name mispronounced almost as often as mine. Hers is Lise and she often gets Liz or Leese. It pronounced like f-leas without the "f". Shh don't tell her I compared her to fleas lol
          What's a UFO? From seeing how people use it, I'm guessing it's an unfinished project of some sort? I just can't figure out the acronym lol I've heard a lot of french names and know the proper pronunciations, I was actually told in university that I have a wonderful french accent. I always did well in pronunciation and enunciation exams, I just can't conjugate verbs and such properly lol If I could read from a script, then I speak perfect french LMAO And don't worry, I won't tell your sister lol!

Just so I'm not completely hijacking the thread here... lol I've searched and searched and searched some more for the pattern, and no luck. I even used just the image in a google search, and zip My only suggestion is to take your original image, blow it up as large as you can, and trace the seams with a marker or something and use that as your pattern. Hopefully you find it somewhere!
          *Dee*
          Believe
          There Is
          Good In The World

Comment

• Denis
            The Guild President
            • Nov 2011

Dee. UFO is UnFinished Objects. You'll also see WIP- Work In Progress, PIGS- Projects In Grocery Sacs.

Are you familiar with these- SITD (SID) Stitch In The Ditch, HST Half Square Triangle, WOF Width of Fabric (Selvage to selvage). There are tons more. I think there was a thread at one time on acronyms. Someone posted a link to a list at tone time too.

As for the pattern, I think if you print off the paper piecing patterns from the russian site, you could figure out how to do it in the black in white. Dont' tempt me to put everything aside and make me do it over the summer!!!! LOL

Comment

• Hugfisch
              Rotary Pro
              • Sep 2011

We can stop Looking for this special pattern !!!

Well...
              I don't know how to start this.... I've to excuse myself so badly, but I think we all had much fun together.
              Last night I learned the following...
              The guy who posted this picture at flickr wrote me a very nice e-mail last night. I'm still laughing about this, hoping you will laugh about this too.
              OK. Be ready for this:
              He told me, that he took this picture about 10 years ago at Luxemburg, doesn't know the artist, has no pattern AND...
              that he reordered the squares (blocks) and built in this ball with "Photoshop". Can you believe it???
              I'm so sorry because I stepped in this trap, I didn't see it and really believed that it is a real quilt, maybe because of the fact, that I was looking for a different colorsheme of this black and white quilt pattern so intensly.
              I really hope, that nowbody is angry about me or thinks that I did this intensionly.
              So the only thing I know now is that some of us have a new quilt on our to-do-list, although right now nobody has a pattern, because it doesn't excist. But maybe there's somebody out there who wants to try it.
              I hope we can find a picture of a REAL Quilt with this special pattern some day here.
              Love you all, God bless you
              and I'm so sorry about all that.

Gaby
              ...but I'm still chuckling about this too

Hopefully my English is good enough to explain how I feel ;-)
              Bye bye from far far away Germany :icon_wave:
              Gaby

Comment

• Musical_Starling
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2012

Oh Gaby, no worries lol When I did an image search on Google and used that exact image and didn't get any results I was starting to think that it was a photoshop trick and that the bugger didn't actually exist lol But this means that Denis needs to get going on those UFO's and get started on this pattern lol Just kidding
                *Dee*
                Believe
                There Is
                Good In The World

Comment

• Denis
                  The Guild President
                  • Nov 2011

ROFLOL- oh Dee you are the funny one.

It just so happens that I'm in the middle of cleaning out and reorganizing my stash, and I have so muc stuff I need to find new projects...at least to start and add them to ever growing UFO pile.

I printed off the templates for the black and white sphere and with some tweaking, it could turn into the Log Cabin sphere Gaby shared with us. You never know what could pop up here.

Hold on to your hats!!!

Comment

• Musical_Starling
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2012

Maybe Jean can help you with some of your UFO's or give you some tips on how to whiz through them, she is the machine after all I've never seen anyone turn out quilts like that woman, I'm beginning to think she actually IS a machine! lol And I mean that with as much love (and jealousy lol) as possible Jean honey And we need updates Denis, you know we're all waiting with baited breath to see if this 'imaginary' quilt can become reality!

Oh, and Sandy, if you can't find a grass skirt in time I have some great tutu tutorials you can follow! Just use green and yellow and nobody will know the difference! lol
                    *Dee*
                    Believe
                    There Is
                    Good In The World

Comment

Working...
                    X