Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Your sewing area!

I have a book that says messy people are the most creative. It must have been written by a slob. LOL

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Your sewing area!

Book what book I dont remeber writing a book. LOL. Thanks ladies. I love all the responses you have given. Im glad to hear Im not the only one who has their area declared a disaster, lol. keep them coming if ya got them.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your sewing area!

my sewing area. is a kitchen styled table in my bedroom. so i move all the stuff from my table to my bed. then put it all back... back an forth.... need to get some shelving....

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine goes back and forth, I usually spif up before a new project but I do a big clean when I'm looking for inspiration and voila! All the planned projects resurface and the fun fabrics and sewing notes are found and all of a sudden I have tons of things to do!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Miy sewing area is actually a guest bedroom. Was my daughters room until she moved out and I moved my "mess" in. Used to be in our bedrrom and that was bad. Right now the floor is littered with material cuttings and thread. Working on blocks for my first block exchange.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

My sewing area is my bedroom. I rent with a friend and so I try to keep everything in my room. I did find an awesome deal at IKEA for the build it yourself kind of shelves and one part had a "desk" area. Definitely a little cramped but I love having my little spot.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DISASTER AREA!

I have been putting off organizing this space for 5 years since we moved in & everything got dumped in here. It is a alcove/office space off the entry hall & living room. It houses the computer and the household files.

I need some shelves for books and totes. I did recently find a preformed laminate counter top at 75% off at Home Depot($16.50,originally $66!) Perhaps with some help from my husband, I can get my sewing machine off of the TV tray that is wedged in the corner. He is supposed to go on a few day trip to see his brother. Then I can empty the fabric out of the room without him having a heart attack. If I can get the room painted, and everything put up and away before he gets home, then it shouldn't look like so much when he helps me install the counter top.

I would love to get the computer, desk, and files into the corner of our bedroom. The I could put up the little craft table in the corner for my daughter. She likes to be in the room with me while I am sewing, but I can't have her underfoot. Then she would have her own little creative space.
    I'll post photos of before and after when I get it done!