Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grrrrr.... Wal-Mart is getting bad!!1

DH and I went to town today for groceries and a few other things. While we were in Wal-Mart DH checked to see if maybe they were having a sale on the Brother SE400 sewing machine I want when my check comes in about 2 weeks. Well, Wal-Mart does it again.... they are no longer stocking or selling the Brother SE400 (at least not in my Wal-Mart) DH was not happy, I think he was going to buy it for me today since he had a little extra money from selling a black powder gun. They were having a big fabric sale also. I wish I had a lot of extra money, I would have did a lot of fabric shopping. I hope they are not getting rid of the craft department here... I will be very P.O.ed. They already quilt selling the ink cartridges we need for the printer we bought. The only reason we went with the printer we did was because the employee said..."Oh we always stock Lexmark, it's the brand we always carry." NOT! they quilt selling that them!
    I have become so frustrated with Wal-Mart that I don't even want to shop there any longer, but I don't have much choice where I live. They do have a regular grocery store but the prices are so much higher.

I guess it will be off to Springfield to shop for my sewing machine in a couple weeks.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grrrrr.... Wal-Mart is getting bad!!1

Go to walmart.com and type in Brother SE400...they have it for $359.88 with free shipping to store or 97 cent shipping to your home.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your aggravation. Will be happy for you when you get your new machine.
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Donna heres the deal with wm...... go online and usually you can get it cheaper than in the store anyway....For example: my youngest wanted a game for the Wii and i told him that i would look online to make sure that he had enough money saved up. On line it was 14.97 with free shipping in the store same game was 34.97. No Joke. So i told him by ordering online i could save him 20.00 so we ordered it. Unbeknownst to us WM has a order/pay online, pick up in store on some items. So we payed for it and picked up the game within a hour and still saved 20.00. So it does pay to check online. So in a couple of weeks plug in the zip of the store you want to pick it up at and maybe it will be cheaper.kellie
    Last edited by kelliedi; June 5th, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: need more info

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That is the truth kellidi! On line is almost always cheaper, and they have a few things online that you can't find in your local store. We use the site to store feature to send toys to family far away. Cheaper than us buying and paying to ship.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you about buying things online....my BF and I were looking for a kitty condo. We went to several stores and they were all either too expensive or too small. So we looked online. We found the condo that we wanted at a very reasonable price and it was delivered to our apartment!!!

Pam in Vegas
    Pam in Vegas

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. Ever since ours little WM moved into the new Super Center I have hated even going there. Check different online sites for your machine. Rhonda bought hers thru Amazon.com and it is cheaper there now than when she bought hers 4 months ago. I have thought about getting that one or the Singer Stylus 9600 for about the same price. It doesn't have the embroidery feature though, but comes with case and several feet. Decisions, decisions.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon has it $359.60 I think. They are great to work with if you need to return it. No shipping.
    Tortugaquilter

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I only shop at WalMart as a last resort. Too many bad experiences. The last bad experience was order on line and pick up in the store - well that won't be happening again. Amazon is my favorite on-line store - my own personal mini-mall.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyPickett View Post
    I only shop at WalMart as a last resort. Too many bad experiences. The last bad experience was order on line and pick up in the store - well that won't be happening again. Amazon is my favorite on-line store - my own personal mini-mall.
    I go into WM once every 6 weeks. I head directly to the pharmacy, I don't pass go, collect $200 or anything else. Pharmacy for insulin for the CAT! and out again. If the darned animal had medical insurance I'd go elsewhere. But otherwise, any amt of $$ more is worth it to stay out of there to me!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com