• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • true4uca
    Prairie Pointer
    • Nov 2010

Janome3165QDC

Just replaced this lemon with a Brother cs6000i. So now I'm thinking of taking the Joname apart. At first it was shredding the thread so took it in for repairs. $100+ later it was still shredding thread so took it back and of course it didn't shredd thread while at the shop. Came home and sewed 4 inches when it shredded the thread again. I wasn't willing to spend more money on it, so my friend took it home and fiddled with it and used a pre-wound bobbin in it. Bingo it worked for 2 weeks then the foot peddle quit working, so I bought a new machine. Now the Janome is just daring me to take it apart, how hard can that be. LOL. Any thoughts on the foot pedal.
  • Granny Judy
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2011

Re: Janome3165QDC

All I can say is.... you are a brave soul and good luck with playing mechanic. LOL.

make it sew.jpg
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

• quiltingaway
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2014

I'm just curious about this model number - 3165 QDC. I can't find anything on that model.
      Annie
      "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• K. McEuen
        Super Moderator
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by quiltingaway View Post
        I'm just curious about this model number - 3165 QDC. I can't find anything on that model.
        I did a search and saw someone recommend it in 2013, so it is an lder model that might be discontinued
        K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

• true4uca
          Prairie Pointer
          • Nov 2010

Sorry for typo it's 3060QDC and they are still selling them, mine is 3 years old. Here in Canada I paid one thousand, on sale of course in America its probably $500 or less.

Comment

• bubba
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2013

I bought a used Bernina 830 earlier this year. It's a fabulous machine. A couple weeks ago, my friend and I were doing charity sewing, making cute animal hats for kids suffering with cancer.

Well, I learned what type fabric NOT to sew on this machine ever again....cuddle! It sheds terrible. Things started going berserk, and I attempted to figure it out, only making it worse. I walked away for a few day, and when I went back to it, I got it fixed to the point it was broken to to begin with, so I had MM carry it out to my car for me and it is presently at the sewing machine hospital. Waiting for a call this week to see what the estimate is. Hoping it will just be a deep cleaning.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• evy
              Binding Belle
              • Aug 2011

I had a Janome 3160QDC and fought it for ten months. From day one we didn't get along. I finally decided to get rid of it, took it to the dealer had it completely gone through to the tune of almost 200.00 and had them sell it on consignment. Now I'm back to an older Kenmore and my Singer Confidence Quilter. Even though neither has any fancy features, we get along very well.

Comment

• quiltingaway
                Missouri Star
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by true4uca View Post
                Sorry for typo it's 3060QDC and they are still selling them, mine is 3 years old. Here in Canada I paid one thousand, on sale of course in America its probably $500 or less.
                I wondered if that were the case. I have a 3160 that I bought for classes, retreats, etc. I love mine. Sorry you have had issues with yours.
                Annie
                "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

Working...
                X