• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sally
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2010

oh oh!

I was scooting to work today...literally... and saw a sign saying Quilt Show this coming weekend. Now that I am into quilting I have to go! Could be dangerous. After I see the quilts I will want to make them. Good news though a new quilt shop is opening in our community. Our last one closed over a year ago. She wii be offering a class on machine quilting which I want to learn. How divine!
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna
  • pdjewelrylady
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2010

Re: oh oh!

yippppppeeeeeeee!!!! that is great news for you sally!!
    You could teach a Star Block making class! (wink wink)
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• janluna
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2009

Yay for your new quilt shop. That's going to be so nice to have a place to take classes etc. And of course the supplies and fabric. Happy for you sweetie! Hugs, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• sally
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2010

I am making stars in my sleep...where oh where is that quilting fairy? Are you guys hiding her!
        sigpic
        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• quiltingtrish
          Banned
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2009

Quilt shows are fun Sally! Something that might help you with impluse buying - unless you do that of course, is to write down things that you might like to look for. Also, sometimes these shows can be so huge that it gets overwhelming. I would walk through and visit the vendors and then make a notation of where you would like to check out again. I did this if I saw more than 1 kit that I was interested in buying. Of course, kits that I have bought over the years are still waiting for me to make them to this day!

Have fun and can't wait to hear all about your very first show!

Hugs,

Comment

• Texsam
            The Guild President
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
            Quilt shows are fun Sally! Something that might help you with impluse buying - unless you do that of course, is to write down things that you might like to look for. Also, sometimes these shows can be so huge that it gets overwhelming. I would walk through and visit the vendors and then make a notation of where you would like to check out again. I did this if I saw more than 1 kit that I was interested in buying. Of course, kits that I have bought over the years are still waiting for me to make them to this day!

Have fun and can't wait to hear all about your very first show!

Hugs,
            I agree with Trish. Quilt shows are great and also give me inspiration. Take some pictures if they let you so you can look at them later when you need an idea. I walk thru the vendor section too and see what all they have and then try (keyword -try) to make a decision! lol Have lots of fun!!
            Shelia

Comment

Working...
            X