• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

Library of Congress

Have many of you visited the library of congress to view the quilt section? there are tons of pix, and narratives also, at the main page at the top, there is a search box just type quilting nothing else.
    The world's largest library. View historic photos, maps, books and more. Contact experts for help with research. Plan a visit. Home of U.S. Copyright Office.
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • kkkkk
    Fabric Fanatic
    • Sep 2019

Re: Library of Congress

Um...I could look at these all day. Wonderful. And more art than just technique. The high technique displaces the art too often for me, although I love the technique...but I love the art more.
    Thank you for mentioning this. I had missed this. I'll come to the well more often.

Comment

• lots2do
      Applique Angel
      • Aug 2015

Amazing! I could use up a lot of time on that site. I wasn’t able to listen to the audio recordings yet but just reading the first line of some of them gave you a real sense of the quilter being interviewed. Now I need to go look up the countypin quilt design. Thanks!

Comment

• auntstuff
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by lots2do View Post
        Amazing! I could use up a lot of time on that site. I wasn’t able to listen to the audio recordings yet but just reading the first line of some of them gave you a real sense of the quilter being interviewed. Now I need to go look up the countypin quilt design. Thanks!
        Countypin = counterpane in country-speak
        She who dies with the most quilts is......
        Still dead.
        What's your hurry?

Comment

Working...
        X