• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DNeubauer
    Binding Belle
    • Oct 2013

Names and types of fabrics in each of the shops in Hamilton

Is there a thread or somewhere else on the website that names the shops and the type of fabric that each one has? I was there several years ago, but it has grown since then. There are four of us coming the first week of November and it would be nice to have a map or some detail about the shops so we are ready. I also understand that at the first shop you visit, you can register so that your info is in the computer and you don't have to get out your credit card each time and that they will hold all of your purchases at a central location. I also heard they will also ship for free if you spend over $100; is that correct?
  • auntiemern
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Re: Names and types of fabrics in each of the shops in Hamilton

This is a map of all the shops in town. It is pretty easy to navigate. Everything is right there within a 2 block area. If you are facing the main shop...down to the right is The Mercantile, and Florals...Everything else is across the street and up to the right once you cross the intersection. Make sure you go to the shops upstairs. The names of the shops are pretty self explanatory. The Mercantile is Civil War repro, and 30's repro fabrics. Batik Boutique, well, is Batiks. Penny's is solids, Licensed to Sew, Sew Seasonal, Backings and Trims...etc...you get the idea. Yes they will ship your purchases for you after you purchase $100. Make sure you register, and get your ID card in the Main shop. That way you don't even have to keep track of your purchases...it is done automatically for you.
    Have a great time, and happy shopping. Make sure you get a burger at J's Burger Joint....they are so good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by auntiemern; October 14, 2019, 06:52 PM.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

What is man's land? lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• dwil23
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
        This is a map of all the shops in town. It is pretty easy to navigate. Everything is right there within a 2 block area. If you are facing the main shop...down to the right is The Mercantile, and Florals...Everything else is across the street and up to the right once you cross the intersection. Make sure you go to the shops upstairs. The names of the shops are pretty self explanatory. The Mercantile is Civil War repro, and 30's repro fabrics. Batik Boutique, well, is Batiks. Penny's is solids, Licensed to Sew, Sew Seasonal, Backings and Trims...etc...you get the idea. Yes they will ship your purchases for you after you purchase $100. Make sure you register, and get your ID card in the Main shop. That way you don't even have to keep track of your purchases...it is done automatically for you.
        Have a great time, and happy shopping. Make sure you get a burger at J's Burger Joint....they are so good.
        Great info - Thanks!

I didn't know they did free shipping at $100. I wonder if I could find a $100 worth of fabric?????

Donna

Comment

• Hailey3656
          9 Patch Princess
          • May 2014

Man,s Land is a store front with comfy chairs where husbands can wait while you shop.

Comment

• Caroline T.
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2016

I found this : https://visitmsqc.com/shops/

Lists all the shops, and if you scroll down you can click on each shop to see more info about the shop's merchandise and pictures too!

Comment

• bubba
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              What is man's land? lol
              Huge place filled with big comfy recliners, tv, snack machines, etc......I caught a couple men in there sound asleep and snoring!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Cathy F
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                What is man's land? lol
                Where the husband's can sit in nice recliners, watch TV, read, and wait comfortably for their wives while they shop. I must admit I also spent some time in there in one of the recliners as well as some other women!
                Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

I invaded Man’s land more than once when at retreats because I missed my recliner at home and my back was aching! Now they finally put a recliner in the retreat center so I didn’t have to travel as far!

Comment

• DNeubauer
                    Binding Belle
                    • Oct 2013

Thanks to all who replied. My group (4 of us) is getting so excited to get to M*. No husband's coming! Just us girls.

Comment

Working...
                    X