Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pattern for Floral jelly rolls

I have this wonderful floral jelly roll ( violets, yellow flowers) but I am stumped which pattern would really showcase these great strips so I am looking for advice. Here is a photo showing it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C8DDD44-6F48-44AB-B670-AFD5855930A1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	159068
    Sure hoping some one can help me and really appreciate your suggestions

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pattern for Floral jelly rolls

There are so many to choose from...

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori....5%22%20Strips

Jenny's latest Turnabout Granny Square would be pretty. Star Patch, Ribbon Star,
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I would make a Fence Rail. It's a pattern that's been around for a long time, but I couldn't find a tutorial on MSQC for it. I did find a tutorial for a Diamond Fence Rail. If you omit the diamonds and the horizontal sashes, it would be a Fence Rail. (Don't be put-off by the dark quilt on the wall behind Jenny, because your florals would look totally different.) I actually made the pattern with the diamonds and sashes, and it was easy enough to make, but took longer than just a Fence Rail.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Vonnie

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Jennys Quatrefoil quilt. The fabric you have looks similar to the fabric she used, Fresh Lilac I think it was called.

6. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I made the Quatrefoil with similar colors and I think the green stood out. My husband said "Why did you make that pattern? You don 't even like green." So I'm thinking the green was popping for him too.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MillieS View Post
    I made the Quatrefoil with similar colors and I think the green stood out. My husband said "Why did you make that pattern? You don 't even like green." So I'm thinking the green was popping for him too.
    I also made the Quatrefoil. Even though it calls for 5" squares, I simply sewed strips together, as the blocks are cut to 4 1/2". Similar colours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	159079

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Star lover, SallyO'Sews, am2901, dwil23 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by am2901 View Post
    I would make a Fence Rail. It's a pattern that's been around for a long time, but I couldn't find a tutorial on MSQC for it. I did find a tutorial for a Diamond Fence Rail. If you omit the diamonds and the horizontal sashes, it would be a Fence Rail. (Don't be put-off by the dark quilt on the wall behind Jenny, because your florals would look totally different.) I actually made the pattern with the diamonds and sashes, and it was easy enough to make, but took longer than just a Fence Rail.
    Additional info: The "Diamond Fence Rail" quilt has diamonds but not the horizontal sashes that I mentioned. There's a "Diamond Dash" quilt that has diamonds and horizontal sashes. Both patterns could be simplified as a Fence Rail quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love Irish Chain quilts, and have one on my bed right now using florals in that colorway. Remember "Lovely" from the 2013 Iron Quilter contest? I had so much of that fabric that I've made at least 4 bed size quilts using the purple/green colorway. It looks wonderful with a fresh cream fabric to set off the dark colors. I use Kona Snow for many of my background fabrics, it looks great with dark florals. I would definitely use lots of light fabrics in what ever pattern chosen.

13. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say... Jordan Fabrics posted a tutorial yesterday... and as soon as I saw it I thought of florals.

She called it Hexagon Pinwheels.... if you do a YouTube search it should come up. I didn't like it in the fabrics she used, but in the ones you have... AWESOME.

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7Xu3zx1I4