Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Canada....oh, I'm a guy quilter too!

Hello, my name is Denis and I live in Ottawa Canada. Originally from the Ottawa Valley but returned to the city once again.

As you read in the title of this thread, I am a male quilter. I belong to many online groups mainly for machine quilting. This is the second group I joined for quilt piecing. The other group is a Yahoo group for male quilters where some of our members are well known in the quilting world.

I started qutliing in 2000 and got my first longarm in 2003. I mainly machine quilt for myself.

I belong to 2 quilt guilds at the moment. One, here in Ottawa and the other up in the Valley (Renfrew). I also rejoined the stitchery guild here in Ottawa in which I originally was a member back in the late 90's.

I look forward to getting to know some of you through time here on this list.

Take care and happy quilting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Canada....oh, I'm a guy quilter too!

Hello Ottawa, this is Scotland calling! Welcome to the fold!
    Hi!
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a message on your profile page - but wanted to welcome you once more. Maybe if you stay around we can get Michael and some of our other male quilters to come back and be active. You guys are so talented.

Welcome from NW Missouri.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Denis and welcome from another Canadian. Now I know that you know where I live if you came from Renfrew. Are you from Portage-du-Fort by any chance. Great to have you here with us.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Denis. Please share quilts, recipes, knowledge...anything that makes you happy!!! Dianne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Denis! So good to meet a guy quilter. I'd love to get my husband interested in quilting, but so far no go. I look forward to getting to know you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha Denis, nice to have another male in the mix here. Share away...

Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Denis, and Welcome, from another Canadian (Milton, Ontario). I am also new to this forum and really thankful that I joined. I'm getting great advise and support from everyone here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Denis,

Welcome from the Netherlands, good to have you here, I just joined couple of weeks ago, and already love it here!
    Hope to see a lot of your quilts!!

Klasien

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. Glad to be here. I've tried reading through some fo the forums and I am excited to be here. I'm also enjoying all the eye candy from the wonderful quilts some of you have posted. No matter how many quitls we see, there's always that extra one that inspires us to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Hi Denis and welcome from another Canadian. Now I know that you know where I live if you came from Renfrew. Are you from Portage-du-Fort by any chance. Great to have you here with us.
    Hi Monique, I saw your profile and did notice you were from Ladysmith. You are correct that I am from Portage-du-Fort. What gave me away? LOL