I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: I'm Sorry Missouri Star Quilt Co. But....

I fully understand your decision, and I have gone through periods where I will not order. Then I hear some people are getting their packages. So there I go, ordering again.

I placed 2 orders in March. I got one 3 weeks later. I am still waiting for a large order placed on March 14. That's almost a month, and tracking shows its still in Newark Nj since March 18. Really???

I support your decision.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• auntstuff
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2017

Wouldn't count on it. I live just over the border and all mine goes to Mississippi first, then has to come back. Takes almost 2 weeks.
      She who dies with the most quilts is......
      Still dead.
      What's your hurry?

Comment

• quiltingaway
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2014

I have avoided commenting on the shipping issue up to this point. One - I'm one of those people who like to touch the fabric and compare colors so I don't order online much. Two - I love M*, the Doans and what they have built. If I ordered fabric it was usually from the FQS and I usually received it within a few days (usually 3). Then I discovered M* so ordered a couple times. This was before the shipping issues I have heard about on the forums. I was very surprised that my orders took nearly two weeks. This was just not acceptable to me after being used to the shipping from FQS. Then this week I've had another shipping experience, not fabric but still. I placed an order on Mon, actually Mon evening. I just checked tracking and it is out for delivery today. And this was free shipping because I had spent over $50. I don't know what the answer is to the shipping issue with M* but I hope they resolve it. It is a shame to lose customers because of this problem.
        Annie
        "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• Granny Fran
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

I do not order as frequently as most of you (that posted here) but my shipping issues are not anywhere near what you have been experiencing. I consider that anything that is mailed, trucked, flown or whatever, will take as long as it takes. I never order anything that I will need in a time sensitive case because it just isn't reasonable to expect it to arrive in time. Unless you want to pay for expedited shipping, $5 is a bargain these days. Maybe M* should give us a choice on how much we want to pay and how fast we want it delivered??
          I have been watching these posts of dissatisfying deliveries and wonder why the "squeaky" wheel has not been oiled. It seems the same folks are still expecting different results to the same question. Isn't that the definition of insanity? (I am posting in good humor, please do not take offence, I realize not everyone shares my sense of humor.)
          All in all, I still think M* is an outstanding company.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

• midnightline
            The Guild President
            • Apr 2016

We've all been spoiled by Amazon and the instantly shipped item. While I agree that the longer it takes for an item to arrive, the more frustrating it is, I don't think 11 days shipping is a horrendous affront to decency that requires boycotting a seller. (Obviously if you need fabric in a hurry for a project, that's different...)

I'm not sure I can list an online fabric shop that is consistently faster than MSQC (except one that happens to be in-state for me). That's not to say that MSQC is the fastest, but rather that every shop and every carrier has delays now and again. Until we get replicators like they had in Star Trek, we won't be getting ordered fabric instantly any time soon.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Well after my earlier comments this morning, my package from M* arrived. That's 28 days from the time it shipped from M*.

I noticed that it sat in FedEx in Newark, NJ since the 18/3, arrived in Canada yesterday and delivered in less than 24 hrs.
              I think it is the US side of FedEx that is the problem.

I do hope they resolve this issue.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• auntstuff
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                We've all been spoiled by Amazon and the instantly shipped item. While I agree that the longer it takes for an item to arrive, the more frustrating it is, I don't think 11 days shipping is a horrendous affront to decency that requires boycotting a seller. (Obviously if you need fabric in a hurry for a project, that's different...)

I'm not sure I can list an online fabric shop that is consistently faster than MSQC (except one that happens to be in-state for me). That's not to say that MSQC is the fastest, but rather that every shop and every carrier has delays now and again. Until we get replicators like they had in Star Trek, we won't be getting ordered fabric instantly any time soon.
                I don't order from Amazon so I wouldn't know. I do shop 4 other fabric stores and a couple used book stores. ALL are consistently faster than *M, time to distance. Items from halfway across the country get here days faster than MStar, which only has a short distance to travel
                She who dies with the most quilts is......
                Still dead.
                What's your hurry?

Comment

• happygram
                  The Guild President
                  • May 2011

I feel compelled to join in the conversation this time around. I’ve followed MSQC since it started and have felt a certain sense of loyalty and pride in their success. Unfortunately, these have been really tested because of the shipping undependability. I’ve found their prices are usually in line with other online stores, and the shipping has been faster from the other places. If my buying patterns resemble others’ habits, it seems like the online sales may suffer. It’s not the speed that the orders are processed, that's not a problem; it’s the shipping. There’s no reason to use shipping that takes so long to reach the customer if customer service is a goal.

(This has been reposted from the previous squeaky wheel thread, but I just wanted to offer support to all of us who unfortunately have been disappointed.)

Comment

• PamelaOry
                    Applique Angel
                    • Jan 2019

I feel ya. I order from fqs and M* mostly but have really slowed down my ordering from M* because packages take so long. I recently placed an order with shabby fabrics and my order was here in 3 days, very similar to fqs shipping times.
                    Pam

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by midnightline View Post

I have never actually ordered fabric on Amazon.com so I can't really agree with you here. I do use it, and because I pay annually for prime I expect fast delivery, and free. I get what I pay for.

I think "a horrendous affront to decency" is a little over stated, but ok. I'm also not boycotting anything. I am just choosing to use a different resource. I can list a few online resources that are quicker than 11 days shipping, and it's reasonable to expect. Like I said, I have been a real hold out on this issue for more than a year, and have voiced my support of Missouri Star many times. I am just done. I don't expect instant. I don't believe a delivery time less than 2 weeks is a lot to expect. When things change, and I believe they will, I'll begin again. Until then....yeah.
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• K. McEuen
                        Super Moderator
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2011

I think the biggest issue that most people are having is that M* started out shipping packages to people by USPS priority mail. They grew, filling orders got slow during the growth and building and switch over to the new warehouse. Before the slow fulfilment was fixed they switched to UPS Sure post which added slower shipping in on top of slow fulfilment. They got the fulfilment issues mostly worked out and then switched to FedEx Crapmail and it is taking just as long as when the warehouse was new. The carrier choice is made by M*, who promised things would get better, but because of their carrier choice it it still taking 10 days to 2 weeks for US customers to have their fabric in hand.
                        K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

• ktdid
                          The Guild President
                          • Dec 2018

You people take the cake....let's see if I can remember my post in December, suggesting to stop ordering if you're so dissatisfied with shipping. And you people were like a shark attach smelling fresh blood in the water. And Libby you were one of those who criticized me badly, your response was "Nah. I'll also pass on the whole boycott thing. I've been with this company for far too long, watching the growing pains and joys. I can hang in while they get the shipping wiggles out. And they will. Guaranteed!"
                          So....I will repeat myself to all who are dissatisfied Stop Ordering ! Walking away with your pocket book is the only way to get their attention period.
                          Kate (Oklahoma)
                          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

I have often wondered if M* choice of shipping methods is limited by 2 factors. 1. They are located in a very rural area 75 miles from the nearest big city, so choosing a postal carrier that gives faster service may not be available to them from this location and 2. Their flat rate shipping cost of $5 limits which carrier is economically feasible.

Would you be willing to pay more to get your package faster? I know I would pay extra for expedited shipping if I needed something quickly. They used their local post office for years, can you imagine a small post office in a quiet rural town getting inundated with huge quantities of packages every day?

It's too bad a good business like this can be crippled by this delivery problem. I myself ( who lives 225 miles from Hamilton, and near a big city) have not experienced delivery issues. So international and rural deliveries may have routing roadblocks that cause your deliveries to be delayed.

I know this subject has been discussed a lot on this forum, it needs to be addressed by the company to do within their powers to fix issues. But they can't fix what is out of their control once it is out of their facility. But as one person said, they can research other choices for shipping that works better for all of their customers.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2013

ktdid, I recall that. I think the response to you had to do with the cantor you rode in on. You did two posts if I recalled, both negative in nature and wanting people to boycott the company because you were unhappy.

The response was basically..... Whoa, little pony, you'll not find many willing to jump right up into your little saddle.

Different approach....different response.
                              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• ktdid
                                The Guild President
                                • Dec 2018

Maybe I should Whoa, I NEVER said I was dissatisfied, I said If YOU people were dissatisfied, to stop complaining and do something different. It was as I said a "Suggestion" to try and do something to get a response from M*
                                Kate (Oklahoma)
                                There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                                X