Holy Cow, It's October 1st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Cow, It's October 1st!

I was going through, minding my own business and all of the sudden I realized- it's October 1st!

Merciful heavens, Gabby got her flea/tick and heartworm meds (on the first as always). I've been off and on here all day and it never dawned on me to Welcome October to all of the Secret Santas. I'm sooooooooooo bad. 😣

Anyway we're a month closer to Christmas. 2 months from our mailing deadline. Where has this year gone!

October's Theme- October- Applique or Embroidery by Auntimern

Enjoy appliqueing or doing some embroidery. My embroidery machine is gone with the wind, so applique it is!

Have a great month!

Check in please and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Also be thinking of who would like to take the reins for Secret Santa next year.
    Last edited by KPH; October 1, 2020, 06:37 PM.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

I love applique but I might try some embroidery! Should be fun!

Comment

Thank you for the reminder about the heartwormflea & tick meds as we do ours on the first also. However, we wait a couple of days on the flea & tick meds because the vet recommended not doing it all at once because some dogs get sick from having both given at the same time.

I am hoping to get projects done soon. So much other things going on, I need to get back to work on my Secret Santa projects.

Comment

Wow October already. Katrina you are doing a tremendous job with the group.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yes, October has arrived. Got here fast in a very slow moving year.

I still have one project to decide on, quite a few completed and the others are in various stages of completion.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Where has the year gone? And what a year its been!! Happy to report all my goodies are finished and ready - just waiting for Christmas wrapping paper to come into the shops. Will check today. Have applied "quilters imagination " to a couple of the themes but I think they will work out. They seem to fit in with my Secret Santa's wishlist.

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
            Type: Public
            Topics: 43
            Comments: 287

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
              Willcox and Gibbs
              by chelea
              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
            • KPH
              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
              by KPH
              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
            • KPH
              Secret Santa Arrivals
              by KPH
              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
            • Monique
              It has arrived
              by Monique
              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
            • KPH
              New Leader needed for 2021
              by KPH
              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
            Working...
            X