September's Theme!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September's Theme!

Well, I've been slack. There was a deadline last call for drop outs mid August. We've had so many ups and downs this year. With our mid year readjustment, I guess I was hoping there wouldn't be anymore drop outs.

Anyway, September is here and we have our new theme- Foundation or Paper Piecing by Crafty Chris

I love the crispness of the points you get with paper piecing.

We're on the downhill slide. Three months until the mailing deadline. Let me know ASAP if you need any help completing the challenge or feel the need to drop out. We have a few things in our emergency box we can pull as necessary.

Take care and enjoy the cooler weather!
    Katrina
    โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

I'm all in, completing secret santa projects is my agenda this weekend. I love creating and this has been so fun!! I hope my person loves everything!

Comment

Have had a few health issues but progressing on gifts. It's been very cold and wet in Canberra but happy to report Spring has sprung and all the birdies are chirping. Even some warmth in the sun! Good having complete list upfront - changed the order a few times depending on how I was feeling but getting through them. Hope everything will work out ok.

Comment

I'm behind....nothing new...but I always manage to get it done in time for shipping. Seems like I should have had extra time, but I lost time due to illness, at the beginning of year...and then a major depressive state for the first 3 months of Covid. Rest assured, that it will get done, and won't be shoddy...you can ask previous swap partners if you are concerned about that, lol.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I am making good progress. I have three more projects on my cutting table in various stages of completion. I just have one theme left that I haven't chosen a project for.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

This sounds like so much fun!! I would love to do this next year if someone can remind me please!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              The information and rules come out in December.

Thanks KPH! I am a squirrel with a swiss cheese brain but I will try hard to remember. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

I am also behind but will 'get er done'. Work has gotten in the way, seems a little quieter now ( did I just jink myself????)
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Knuckled down the last week and very happy that I've got all my gifts done. Just waiting for Christmas wrapping paper to come into the shops - that won't be too far away!! Will post to my Secret friend as soon as to allow for any COVID delays. Used a tiny bit of "quilters imagination" in a couple of the themes but they loosely for the criteria for the particular months. Hope my Secret friend will be happy with everything. Thanks Katrina for organising all this.

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a couple of little things to pick up to go with certain themes. I'm excited to start wrapping as soon as I get those.

We haven't heard from everyone.... Ya'll making me nervous!
                Katrina
                โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm here! Misbehaving as usual. I've been slowed down by not being able to shop this year and keeping minimal stash, but I'm still on track.
                  Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                  ๐Ÿ™„

Comment

Iโ€™m still in, just been busy with other things this month. Pulled things out and took inventory, and I will be ready by mailing time.
                    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 38
                    Comments: 248

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X