It's July and We're all too quiet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's July and We're all too quiet!

Good Morning All of you wonderful Santas!

I've been pretty slack about updating. It is after all, Christmas in July month. Hallmark has been running Christmas movies all month. I'd love to see some cooler temperatures, but they'll be back before you know it.

Check in time... How are your projects going? Anybody need help or ideas? What can I do to make the last few months of Secret Santa 2020 easier or more fun for you all?

So for all of the Santa's that respond to this post... I'm going to put your name in the hat and send the winner a little something special from my SS stash. No hints, don't even ask!

Merry Christmas in July!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

This Santa is doing ok. I have switched around some ideas but making progress. Some themes are more challenging than others to me for ideas to fit my secret santa's likes etc. But it is fun searching for inspiration.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I finally got most of my ordered items (shipping is very strange right now) and finished my started projects, so 5 done. Have had to pause for some other projects - a baby quilt for a friend’s new little one, a new shirt for a grandson (please, Grandma works every time!). I also have a new to me vintage machine that I haven’t had time to play with yet. Yard and garden demands a certain amount of time, alas.

I have made a little notebook with pockets for each month, and I save pictures and pattens in it as I find ideas. It is mostly full, so I can grab it and find my next project when I get to it. This is more organized than usual for me, but seems to be helping.

Thanks for keeping us on track, it will be December before we know it.
      sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

TIME? ANYONE HAVE ANY EXTRA TO SEND ME!!!!!

I need to get my act together and smarten up, LOL!!!I will get it done but sometimes I wish I could be like Jeannie and blink and it's done, haha.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I just finished a quilt that took me 2 months to quilt, eek! It just needs binding and then I can get back to doing these fun projects. I have really been looking forward to them.
          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
          🙄

Comment

I embroidered towels for the new house. We have had lots of company in the past month and my friend came and saw the towels and insisted that I should make her some. She went out and brought back 8 towels and wanted them done before she went home. It is so hot.. Got em done but maybe was a little resentful to be put on the spot.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a friend like that. Drove me crazy..made me want to hide my fabric when she came around..she liked to shop in it like it was free. She quilts too. She always wanted me to make her stuff too. We've grown apart over the years just different lives and distance. It really puts you on the spot when friends are like that.

• justLyn
              justLyn commented
              Editing a comment
              You get high marks for patience! I would have been more than just a little resentful. Let it go, and enjoy your weekend!

• GuitarGramma
              GuitarGramma commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sorry, did I hear this right? She brought you towels and told you to embroider them while she was there? And she didn't pay you for this service? I can assure you that I'd be MORE than a little resentful! But I do agree with Katrina: you are a kind hearted soul!

These projects are so fun! I have 3 months done and three going. I do them in between family gifts. Anytime anyone hears me turn on my machine I swear they need something. Lol I have most of my ideas now for the remaining months! I've only run into a couple roadblocks but you have helped me tons! Thanks!!

Comment

I'm getting there. Have completed quite a few months in between making children charity quilts and guinea pig snuggle bags for the grandchildren's pets. Having fun thinking up ideas but think I've almost got it done - until I see another idea and think ...... mmm ? .. maybe that instead.

Comment

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I had to make myself quit looking for ideas this year! I have too much time stuck in the house.

WHoot WHoot we have a winner.....

Monique!
              Katrina

Comment

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, winning twice within a week. Amazing. Thank you.

Woo Hoo Congrats Monique!
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Mike's off on Wednesday. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to the post office then.
                Katrina

Comment

Congrats Monique!
                  Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                  🙄

Comment

I FINALLY got my machines back from the shop - wore them OUT making masks, lol. I have 5 prpjects finished, 4 of which are still in storage after some major remodels here earlier this year. It's been such a crazy crazy time. I also finally got my kiddo home from college (and he will be here through December at least - so much for "empty nest" LOL - while his classes are all online). I have 3 more lined up and ready to work on, just need to find the time this weekend to "git 'er dun"

Comment

• KPH
                      KPH commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This has been a YEAR, that's for sure!

I have two more projects with fleece and then my baby's going to the Huskavarna Spa for a treat. He deserves it!
                  Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 36
                  Comments: 237

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X