It's almost June!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's almost June!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of May. What a year this has been!

June's Theme is Sweet Berry (anything fruit related) by Simply Quilting. I'm starting to see the fruits of gardens. My son's mother in law brought tomatoes from her vines to church last Sunday. There's nothing like a home grown BLT, or even just a tomato sandwich. A friend missed a zucchini in her gathering, it was 6 pounds when she went out today! Mercy, that's a lot of zucchini bread!

Going back to our guidelines, we have a check in on June 15th.

#4. We will have a progress check on June 15. All members must email me a copy of at least 4 gifts you have made by that date. Any member who does not email me pictures or get in touch with me concerning progress problems will be dropped from the membership list and we will make an adjustment to the Secret Santa names where necessary. (We are sorry this is required but we had a problem last year). I will remind you of this deadline.

My email is [email protected] and I've cleaned it out so there shouldn't be any problems with storage limits.

I hope the second half of our Secret Santa year will be filled with good health, gratitude, peace and joy! I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Originally posted by KPH View Post
    Well, tomorrow is the last day of May. What a year this has been!

June's Theme is Sweet Berry (anything fruit related) by Simply Quilting. I'm starting to see the fruits of gardens. My son's mother in law brought tomatoes from her vines to church last Sunday. There's nothing like a home grown BLT, or even just a tomato sandwich. A friend missed a zucchini in her gathering, it was 6 pounds when she went out today! Mercy, that's a lot of zucchini bread!

Going back to our guidelines, we have a check in on June 15th.

#4. We will have a progress check on June 15. All members must email me a copy of at least 4 gifts you have made by that date. Any member who does not email me pictures or get in touch with me concerning progress problems will be dropped from the membership list and we will make an adjustment to the Secret Santa names where necessary. (We are sorry this is required but we had a problem last year). I will remind you of this deadline.

My email is [email protected] and I've cleaned it out so there shouldn't be any problems with storage limits.

I hope the second half of our Secret Santa year will be filled with good health, gratitude, peace and joy! I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you.

I just got mine but I can meet the deadline. Thanks for the heads up..back to sewing!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Mom, you're the exception to the rule! You just joined our group and certainly do appreciate it!

Katrina I am WAY behind but will do my darndest to get on the ball. This working is taking all my energy and time.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Monique, you've been working like a busy bee at the post offices. I know all of your customers appreciate the hard work you're doing.

I'm a little bit behind. Been busy making quilts for a children's charity. Tomorrow we deliver 10 completed quilts and 7 tops that I've made. I will catch up ... promise.....

Comment

Patchwork has helped me maintain some sort of sanity during these crazy times.

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally get it. Normal Mondays and Tuesdays I have Jonathan for the morning for home schooling. I haven't had home school since before they took spring break. So no Jonathan, no Zeke to occupy 4 mornings of my week. I really miss having them around.
    Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
    Type: Public
    Topics: 33
    Comments: 204

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X