Show of hands. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show of hands. please

This has been an unusual year with the pandemic and all. We've lost a lot of members and we might need to reorganize those that still want to participate in the 2020 Secret Santa.

So please, respond... I'm still participating in the Secret Santa 2020, or no I just can't do it with everything that's going on.

Depending on the replies, we may have to draw names again, or do some name shifting. I'll try make it as painless as possible.

Thanks,

Katrina
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I am still in! Working on these projects has been a happy place for me during these stressful times.
    Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
    🙄

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I've found it's been a joy to have something happy to work on! I totally get what you're saying!

I'm still in.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more replies!

I am still in. I am thankful that we were able to get the topics ahead of time as I was able to do a couple of them early. Between mask making and all the other life changes, I haven't had time to do personal sewing until yesterday.

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my list ready too.

I can join if needed.

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm keeping you on hold, for that I apologize. I'm still waiting for the rest of the group to respond.

I'll send you a PM soon with what we need to do. Thanks!

I still want to be in. Got to admit, though, this new format makes checking in here more difficult, so I don’t feel like the communication is as good as last year.
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I think part of the communication issue is getting used to going specifically to the groups and clicking on the SS tab, but then we only had 17 folks to start with, so there weren't as many people to make comments. A lot of people aren't commenting at all to any of the threads I've started... and there are three pages of them!

Carlie said that when she was running it SS would lose about half of the members by mid year. It's disheartening to see our numbers dwindle since we started with so few.

I hope more chime in. Don't take it personally Katrina.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm still in. Getting back to working on projects now. I do think the new format is making a difference in the commenting. I know I don't easily see when there is a new post in the group.

But we'll all figure it out and I am sure all our members will enjoy sharing Christmas with each other. Maybe even more than in previous years because of all the craziness in our lives that came at the beginning of this years group.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm still in! I've had to take a bit of a break while I've been making masks but I do very much miss working on my projects!

I will say though that I don't visit the form as much as previously as the new format drives me crazy and it's just not as pleasant and experience to browse around. The design is simply atrocious in my eye with so much wasted page real estate that I struggle to ignore how much I loathe it, lol. I'm sure it's just me being crochety but I hate it, lol.

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't fix that, but I'm glad you're still in! I think everyone will be getting back in swing of SS now that the mask/ scrub cap productions lines have slowed down.

I'm behind, but still in....I'm a pro at playing catch up...so no worries.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeaaaaaaa!

Apologies for not having replied sooner. I've lost all track of time and everything else!! Was going to go to the shop one Saturday to get the Sunday paper!! And then another went for a 7km walk to get the paper!! Obviously my mind is at the the top of the list of things I'm either losing or lost. Haven't looked in here as often as I should so I'd better get my act together and pull my socks up.

I'm still in this wonderful group. Have made 3 items and have got many ideas for the others. I like having the whole year's goodies all together as I can work on the things when the moment presents.

A very chilly morning in Canberra - minus 2 - a whopper frost but the day is promising to be one out of the box.

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeaaaaaaaaaaa! Glad to have you on board.

There are a lot of places that are having frost here in the states!
      Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
      Type: Public
      Topics: 33
      Comments: 204

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X