Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it happened around midnight

It's March!

I can't believe it's March, already! What a big change we've all had to adjust to. Not sure how I'm feeling about it right now, but we'll bluster through it just like we have to bluster through March's winds!

This month's theme is Wildlife or Pets. Carlie Wolf suggested this theme. I love it.

If you have a pet, let's hear about it. (I'm kind of scared to ask about your wild side, though!) So we'll stick to pets!

I have a cute little Gabby dog. She's definitely become a big part of my day, but she doesn't mind me hiding out in my sewing room. She certainly does mind me getting out the vacuum cleaner, though.

It won't be much longer before we draw names and close the group. We're a lot smaller group than in other years. Let's keep each other going!

Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Welcome March. I don't own any animals but it looks like I will be dog sitting in May while my son and dil go apartment hunting across the world.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Gus is my avatar. An English Bulldog. Will turn 5 on the 5th of this month. His Golden Birthday!!! I’ll find him a golden biscuit...hahaha. Love able guy, He can’t wait for the evening to come, to jump in my husband or my lap for a nite of tv.... This is our 5th bulldog. Really love the breed. Happy March all!!!

Comment

Oh He's so cute!
        Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

March certainly came round in a big hurry. Hope the rest of the year slows down a bit. I don't have any pets but two of my grandchildren have guinea pigs which are rather cute. Was a bit apprehensive about handling them at first but they are winning me over. My third grandchild has a beautiful jet black Labrador. He's a gentle giant. Very smoochy!!

Comment

Chris, my friends that have married children have grand pups to spoil. They are still waiting patiently for grandchildren.
            Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

I have a 4yo Chihuahua. She is spoiled rotten and funny. Her name is Lily.

Comment

I have a lab Sandy. She is almost 3 years old. She was my late husbands dog and although not my choice for a house dog, I love her dearly. If she didn't shed she would be an awesome pet. She sneaks in my sewing room at night and steals fabric scraps and puts them in her bed!

I have 3 granddogs, Harvey, a golden doodle (in my avatar), another golden doodle Hank. and a rescue dog Duke.
                Last edited by TMP; March 2nd, 2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                  Chris, my friends that have married children have grand pups to spoil. They are still waiting patiently for grandchildren.
                  For a number of years after my children married I had 4 beautiful grandpups - 2 golden retrievers and 2 golden coloured Labradors. They were all very loyal and lovable. Sadly all lived to a grand old age for dogs and no longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                    I have a lab Sandy. She is almost 3 years old. She was my late husbands dog and although not my choice for a house dog, I love her dearly. If she didn't shed she would be an awesome pet.
                    I don't know if you have tried anything for her shedding but there are several things that could help. An egg a day - we cook our dog one if we are fixing eggs, brushes that are specifically designed for her coat and there are products on the market that you put a little on the dog food (this was great for us until we ran out).

Comment

We have a dog who is in my avatar. She is a border collie-lab that was a stray from Arkansas and ended up at Wayside Waifs in Kansas City. We have two cats. One is not yet a year old but is bigger than the adult cat. Our oldest boy has been able to train the kitten to come and sit. Which the other cat just looks at her like what are you doing.

Comment

We have 2 spoiled rotten black cats, Sherlock and Watson, both from the local rescue center. Sherlock loves to sleep in batting scraps, and Watson is convinced the ironing board is there for him to sleep on. Yep, spoiled rotten!
                        Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                        🙄

Comment

Goodness, you all make me feel like a hoarder! I am surrounded by animals - my constant companions are my Schipperke, Mia, and an Australian Shepherd named Ruby, who is supposed to be a farm dog, but prefers to hang out with me in the house when she can get in. Also an old house cat (Tom) that owns the place, just ask him. Outside, another dog, several cats, chickens, goats, horses, calves.... One of my outside cats longs to be a house cat, and has even figured out how to open our sliding door if we don't block it.

We have lots of wildlife here too, deer, elk, lots of birds. I have been feeding a small flock of wild turkeys through the winter months - they come when called, which is pretty funny to watch. Mostly they run, occasionally they come in flying. They will be gone when the snow goes away, but hopefully will stay on our ranch this summer where I see them sometimes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkeys 2020.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1902315

sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

hummm, interesting. In the past there was no way for us to add a pic into a discussion topic. Looks like we can now???!!!
                            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Wow the turkeys look amazing!! They are fun to watch. Had a couple in town that roamed the neighborhood. I worked for a dentist and our office had big windows we could look out at the birds. Would startle the patients when sitting in the chair and look out and see the turkeys walking around in the parking lot. Thanks for sharing the photo....

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 30
                              Comments: 195

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X