Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa

Well, Secret Santa 2020 is back online, but I'm not sure where all of our previous posts are. We'll give them a few days to work out the kinks and see if some of our previous posts show up.

Katrina
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

KPH, I think (but may be wrong), when you finally work your way to the group (I don't like that it's alphabetized instead of "most recent activity date") you should see an index tab "latest activity" and another one: …..ummm…. oh dang, took me so long to get back here I forgot what it was labeled, but anyway click on that tab next to "latest activity" then you'll see all the posts.

Oh MAN>>>> Do we have to answer the "Random Question" for every post with this new system? Or just the first one after logging in?

Comment

I don't want to be overly negative but so far all I can say is ......<sigh>
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I'm wondering when I click on my groups it says something to the effect of "None Found". However as I scroll through pagee after page of groups I can see many that say I'm a member? Oh well, I'm hoping the kinks get ironed out soon.

Comment

The Random question is GONE!!
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Well, I finally found the group - found a place to sort the 9 (!) pages of groups by most recent instead of alphabetical so that the ones I wanted were at the top. Funny though - it shows me as the administrator and no other members. Yikes! I can see some changes other places from yesterday so hopefully they will get this straightened out eventually.
            sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowgirl quilter View Post
              Well, I finally found the group - found a place to sort the 9 (!) pages of groups by most recent instead of alphabetical so that the ones I wanted were at the top. Funny though - it shows me as the administrator and no other members. Yikes! I can see some changes other places from yesterday so hopefully they will get this straightened out eventually.
              Cowgirlquilter, how did you do that?
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

What I've figured out so far.....

If you go to Groups - pg. 7 and click on Secret Santa 2020, a page with 3 of the latest topics comes up. On the bar at the top of the post there is a button- Topics- click on that and you'll see all of the 2020 SS topics so far. (Now watch, when I try to do that again, it won't work, but it did once!).

Al, is there anyway to streamline this process? It was so much easier when you clicked on groups and saw what was going on in the groups, like the new posts on the home page.

Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post

Cowgirlquilter, how did you do that?
                  If you go to the groups page, there is a filter pull down menu on the right, right next to the page x of 9. It does work, but every time I go back to that page, I have to filter the results again; it does not remember your choices.
                  Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                  🙄

Comment

When I go to the Groups page I saw a way to filter the categories for the group's on the right hand side. I chose Quilt Swaps and then it filtered it down to just 3 pages. I filtered it further then (by clicking the Filter button again next to the pages 1,2,3) by Date created, then Descending order and this group came up 1st. Clicked on it, then the Topics tab and there I was........finally. Whew. It is not showing who the moderator is, how many are in the group. It says I am the owner and nobody else is in the group. Hoping more things will get fixed as they work on it.

Certainly would be easier if the My Groups tab worked.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
                      When I go to the Groups page I saw a way to filter the categories for the group's on the right hand side. I chose Quilt Swaps and then it filtered it down to just 3 pages. I filtered it further then (by clicking the Filter button again next to the pages 1,2,3) by Date created, then Descending order and this group came up 1st. Clicked on it, then the Topics tab and there I was........finally. Whew. It is not showing who the moderator is, how many are in the group. It says I am the owner and nobody else is in the group. Hoping more things will get fixed as they work on it.

Certainly would be easier if the My Groups tab worked.
                      It's a chore to find us that's for sure! I hope the powers that be will stream line the process and explain what we need to do to get here easily!
                      Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

I've taken to just using the little filter button and click to the by date option and then also click the "descending" option. Thing is I have to do this EVERY TIME. Very annoying. It would be much more functional if we could set it to a universal option to keep it the way that is easiest for us. I really hope this whole new project is just trashed. It use to be relaxing to go to the forum and groups. Unfortunately I just get more and more annoyed as each day goes by. I'm having a very bad reaction that just gets worse each day :-(

Comment

I've just gotten back from a work trip overseas and I'm still trying to navigate - I'm utterly lost and not quite sure how I manager to find this, lol. I'll try again over the next several days but want to say I'm still plan on participating I just may be MIA for a while.

Comment

Welcome home, AMG! You came home to a better version than what we started with! Believe it or not!

Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                              Welcome home, AMG! You came home to a better version than what we started with! Believe it or not!
                              I'm trying mighty hard to stay that optimistic LOL

Despite my role as a change champion at work, I don't always care for it ROFL

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got &quot;down and dirty&quot; creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please &quot;subscribe&quot;, &quot;join&quot;. Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 28
                              Comments: 185

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X