Secret Santa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you might like to know about me

I know we don't have our SS names yet but I thought I would start this list. Katrina I hope you don't mind.

Things you might want to know about me:

1. My favorite color: BLUE

2. My least favorite color: none really

3. My favorite winter activity: Hand quilting (it is too hot in the summer), auction sales, I don't skate or ski.

4. My favorite summer activity: We like to go camping, walks, just breathing the fresh air coming through the windows.

5. I have a pet and it is: no pets due to allergies

6. My favorite wild life: I love Cardinals

7. My favorite holiday: I like them all

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Fabric collector (aren't we all),

9. My favorite snack: Chips, cup of tea on a cold day.

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Besides fabric, I can use sewing machine needles (I seem to break a lot), rotary cutting blades (45mm or 60mm), fusible fleece

11. My sewing machines: Most of my machines are vintage, Brother, Kenmore, Singer, White

12. I collect: I love Christmas tree decorations from different countries (I collect those from different places we have visited), toy sewing machines

13. My favorite music: My all-time artist is Phil Collins. I enjoy music from the 50's and 60's.

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: Working on a quilt for myself right now. I also need a new handbag preferably a cross body bag.

15. My favorite nature thing: Walks,

16. I am allergic to: cats, dogs and dust.

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item: I needed a sewing machine mat which I received from my SS 2019. Zippered bags to store things in, small containers to hold small items near my sewing machine, soup bowl cozies and oven mitts, lead for the quilters mechanical pencils.

18. Favorite flowers: Lilacs, lily of the valley

19: Coffee/tea: Coffee in the morning, usually green tea in the afternoon/evening

20: Family: Two sons in the Military, one granddaughter, one husband that I have had for most of my life, (although I keep telling him I will trade him in for a new sewing machine), birthday is April, anniversary in September

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): If you see fit to add a quilting magazine or a charm pack or any kind of fabric, I won't say no in a mud hole, and that includes scraps too.

I also have it in my user notes.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

I don't mind at all
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Here's a blank copy that everyone can copy and paste to fill in.

1. My favorite color:

2. My least favorite color:

3. My favorite winter activity:

4. My favorite summer activity:

5. I have a pet and it is:

6. My favorite wild life:

7. My favorite holiday:

8. My hobbies other than quilting:

9. My favorite snack:

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room:

11. My sewing machines:

12. I collect:

13. My favorite music:

14. Quilting/sewing project:

15. My favorite nature thing:

16. I am allergic to:

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item:

18. Favorite flowers:

19: Coffee/tea:

20: Family:

21: Other: (please add as you see fit):

One thing we added last year was favorite candy:
      Katrina

Comment

1. My favorite color: Greens and blues

2. My least favorite color: Dark faded shades of any color

3. My favorite winter activity: Walking in the snow (don’t really get much here)

4. My favorite summer activity: Staying in the ac!!

5. I have a pet and it is: an English Bulldog, Gus (my avatar)

6. My favorite wild life: Birds,

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July

8. My hobbies other than quilting: crochet, knitting. Computer jigsaw puzzles.

9. My favorite snack: Today, potato chips. Tomorrow, ???

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Machine needles, thread (neutral colors), rotary blades, 45mm

11. My sewing machines: Husqvarna, BabyLock, Rachel

12. I collect: Dust!!! Not collecting any longer, trying to pass on my “trinkets” to my children & grandkids.

13. My favorite music: Nothing past the 1990’s.. Classical, rock n roll, western, pretty much all kinds pre ‘90’s....

14. Quilting/sewing project:Want to make a throw pillow cover. Table runners for season. Have a pretty one from my SS this past Christmas for the fall.

15. My favorite nature thing: ??

16. I am allergic to: nothing other some med’s..

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item: sewing room, small containers for “stuff”.. Oh and “Thank you” notes!!

18. Favorite flowers: All

19: Coffee/tea: Coffee in the am, tea sometimes in afternoon. Not too big on flavored things tho!!!

20: Family: Married for 58 years, and we have 4 children, 11 grandkids. Just the 2 of us at home, well, Gus is here too.,!!!

21: Other: (please add as you see fit)o not like candy with fruit! (Raisins) Do like nuts in things. Like chocolate, not the white kind however..

Hope this helps!! Deeceer

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue

2. My least favorite color: Green

3. My favorite winter activity:

4. My favorite summer activity:Going to the beach

5. I have a pet and it is: Yes, Gabby, she's a dog and her favorite pass time is stealing my chair.

6. My favorite wild life: Watching the birds and squirrels on the back porch... or my grands... Yep, they count as wild life

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Reading, knitting,

9. My favorite snack: I love salty snacks...pretzels

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: pins, rotary blades (45 or 60)

11. My sewing machines: Huskavarna and a Brother Project Runway

12. I collect: fabric, buttons, from the looks of things.. little funny squirrels or monkeys

13. My favorite music: country, classical, oldies

14. Quilting/sewing project: Lots and lots of baby quilts, lap sized for family that's sick, etc

15. My favorite nature thing: The beach

16. I am allergic to: penicillin- not that it matters, According to my allergist, tree pollen, dust mites, and wait for it.. cockroach poop.

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item: pins, rotary blades, prewound bobbins M

18. Favorite flowers: Silk

19: Coffee/tea: Gevalia Coffee in the mornings, Twinings Orange blend at night,

20: Family: Mike lives with me. My other son, Jim and his wife Morgan have 3 adorable kids... Jonathan, Esther and Zeke

21: Other: (please add as you see fit):

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: I love Turtles, and Bull's Eyes (caramel with the white sugar cream center) Both bring back memories of Organ/ piano lessons and getting candy to hold me until dinner after the lesson. What was my mom thinking? lol
          Katrina

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Colors around the house...

Great room concept- Living room, kitchen, dining area are all gray,

Kitchen pop color- red and poppies

Kids school/ play room: Yellow, and red

Sewing room: Blue and white

Bedroom: Blue.. more towards teal than a pure blue.

1. My favorite color: Blue, although I have never made a blue quilt, for some reason. I have made several over the years in DH's favorite, red.

2. My least favorite color: I don't really have one, all colors work in the right quilt.

3. My favorite winter activity: Avoiding the mud and snow, when possible. I get lots of sewing done.

4. My favorite summer activity: Horses, and watching my family team rope.

5. I have a pet and it is: 3 dogs (including my constant companion, Mia the Schipperke), cats, horses

6. My favorite wild life: We have a vast variety here, including deer and elk. I have made friends this winter with a little bunch of wild turkeys.

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas. I do NOT do Halloween.

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Restoring and sewing on vintage sewing machines. Peyote beadwork, assorted crafts.

9. My favorite snack: Chips and Salsa

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Thread in neutral colors, Sewing machine needles, seam rippers, and some little leather dots called Thimble pads that I use instead of thimbles.

11. My sewing machines: I have a growing vintage collection, Singer and National treadles, hand cranks, and early electrics. Also a Janome 4230 that doesn't get too much use these days, and a Babylock Quilters Choice Pro on a Grace quilting frame, that hasn't been getting much use but needs to.

12. I collect: Old sewing machine stuff and enamel ware - and fabric, of course!

13. My favorite music: Country gospel and softer contemporary Christian

14. Quilting/sewing project: I have a really neat paper pieced quilt kit that my son gave me for Christmas several years ago that I need to get out and tackle. I put it on my "Fabulous finishes" list this year, so maybe I'll actually do it.

15. My favorite nature thing: I live in a beautiful mountain valley, and I never get tired of mountains and trees

16. I am allergic to: nothing - sometimes react to really strong scents in candles and car fresheners (achoo!)

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item: small rugs for the kitchen or bathroom in front of the sink

18. Favorite flowers: Daffodils, Pansies, Lilacs

19: Coffee/tea: nope - my DH drinks enough coffee for both of us. I drink hot cocoa sometimes in the winter, diet coke, and ice water.

20: Family: Married 43 years this June to the love of my life, my cowboy husband. Three grown kids, 4 grandkids (all boys), one of whom lives with us, and a step granddaughter that wants to learn to sew.

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): We are a very western family, cowboy boots, hats, and pickup trucks, living the country life. My husband, sons, and grandsons are team ropers as well as ranch cowboys. I love making quilts in bright colors, and most of them are scrappy, it seems. I also enjoy the precision of paper foundation piecing, and sometimes I just like to hand sew some little thing, just for the fun of it.

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: Dark chocolate, especially the Lindst balls. I also really like peanut butter cups.
          sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blues & greens

2. My least favorite color: Orange, yellow

3. My favorite winter activity: Just spending time outdoors, enjoying the finally cool, fresh air. Winter here is usually only a few days when we need a sweater and maybe a jacket.

4. My favorite summer activity: Kayaking, boating, or staying in the a/c

5. I have a pet and it is: 2 black cats, Sherlock and Watson

6. My favorite wild life: anything feline with fur

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas (I also do not do Halloween)

8. My hobbies other than quilting: knitting, reading, scrapbooking, sewing clothing,

9. My favorite snack: fresh fruit

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: The first thing that came to my mind was a broom, but I don't think that's quite what we're looking for here!
            rotary cutter blades, 28, 45, or 60; post-it-notes

11. My sewing machines: Juki F600, Singer 401A, Brother serger, HQ Avante

12. I collect: Books. No room or desire to collect things that are not useful

13. My favorite music: Very eclectic

14. Quilting/sewing project: I have been planning to make a dust cover for my serger for years. Still dusty.

15. My favorite nature thing: Trees and the beach

16. I am allergic to: Milk, soy, almonds, citrus peels, dust, tree pollen (oak & pine)

18. Favorite flowers: Love them all

19: Coffee/tea: Green tea, with lots of ice, please

20: Family: Married to David, 24 years. We have one son, Josiah, 18. Also 2 daughters from previous marriage, both grown. One granddaughter, 5, who lives too far away. My birthday is in June, anniversary in October.

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): I like things that are simple, clean, and elegant. Not a fan of fussy or flamboyant.

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: milk chocolate caramels

Kitchen is white, black, sage green, with red accents.
            Living room is same as kitchen.
            Bedroom is blues and lavender.
            Last edited by justLyn; March 14, 2020, 04:57 PM.
            Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
            🙄

Comment

1. My favorite color: wedgewood blue

2. My least favorite color: brown

3. My favorite winter activity: reading, staying WARM

4. My favorite summer activity: gardening

5. I have a pet and it is: dog, Miss Carlie

6. My favorite wild life: wolves, but love all wildlife

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas, St Patty's Day

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Weaving, handspinning, reading

9. My favorite snack: chocolate, sometimes also salty tings

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: batting, scissors, embroidery needles, seam ripper, omni white thread, cotton thread,

11. My sewing machines: Brother SE400 embroidery machine, Brother CS6000i, Blockrockit long arm

12. I collect: fat quarters and charm packs

13. My favorite music: David Garrett, celtic

14. Quilting/sewing project: On my bucket list - covers for my sewing machines

15. My favorite nature thing: all nature things

16. I am allergic to: nothing

18. Favorite flowers: roses, lilac, wisteria, honeysuckle

19: Coffee/tea: flavored coffees, green tea

20: Family:

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): Basically I love anything!

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: chocolate covered cherries
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

All of my info is in my user notes.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

1. My favorite color: Yellow (bright not pale)

2. My least favorite color: browns

3. My favorite winter activity: quilting! It's too cold outside.

4. My favorite summer activity: bicycling, camping, fly fishing, hiking

5. I have a pet and it is: Golden Retriever - Dusty & Tortoiseshell cat - Chupi & 4 chickens

6. My favorite wild life: birds

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas (I do not do Halloween)

8. My hobbies other than quilting: carving - wood, stone & bronze, gardening

9. My favorite snack: Dark Chocolate, Peanut M & Ms

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: rotary cutter blades (45 or 28), something to organize my rulers, Aurafil thread

11. My sewing machines: Bernina 570 QE, Singer Featherweight, Handiquilter Avante

12. I collect: I don't really collect things, unless you count fabric. I love snowmen.

13. My favorite music: Country, Josh Groban, Martina McBride

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: A McKenna Ryan appliqué. I love her patterns especially Snow Buds & Home Tweet Home. I'm a beginner at appliqué so am intimidated by them, someday I'll get the nerve to give it a try.

15. My favorite nature thing: everything, I love being outdoors

16. I am allergic to: smoke

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Living room/bedroom - decorative throw pillows. Both rooms are decorated fairly neutrally with “earth” tones.

18. Favorite flowers: Daisies & Daffodils

19: Tea: Ceylon & some flavored teas (if I find one with coconut I always give it a try.)

20: Family: My husband Al, 37 years. Two grown kids - Anne & Peter. Three grandsons - Gabe, Saxon & Soren.

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): Basically I love anything!

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: dark chocolate, no cream fillings but nuts are great.

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue

2. My least favorite color: Green or orange

3. My favorite winter activity: None..I despise winter

4. My favorite summer activity: Staying cool inside

5. I have a pet and it is: none...unless you count my hubby

6. My favorite wild life: deer

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas

8. My hobbies other than quilting: All kinds of crafting. Love my Cricut, and sewing for my craft shows.

9. My favorite snack: Potato chips

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Rotary cutter blades, sewing machine needles, stiletto, small scissors and snips.

11. My sewing machines: 3 Brothers sewing/quilting machines, 1 Janome Hello Kitty, 1 Singer Featherweight, 1 Embroidery machine, and 1 serger.

12. I collect: Sewing stuff

13. My favorite music: 80's 90's rock.

14. Quilting/sewing project: Currently making bowl cozies, and other craft fair items

15. My favorite nature thing: watching wildlife in it's natural setting

16. I am allergic to: a couple of meds, adhesive's and BS

17. Something I could always use in my (kitchen): Item: towels and potholders.

18. Favorite flowers: Magnolia

19: Coffee/tea: Coffee...all day every day

20: Family: My husband of 30 yrs. I have 1 daughter and 3 stepchildren, 3 amazing grands from my daughter, 1 grandson from my step son, and 2 great children from him.

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): I am an, almost 7 yr, lung cancer survivor. I was officially told I was cured, this past August....yay me.

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: Dark chocolate, chocolate covered raisins.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

1. My favorite color: Purple

2. My least favorite color: I like all of them

3. My favorite winter activity: staying home and quilting

4. My favorite summer activity: food preservation (canning) and staying in the AC

5. I have a pet and it is: a dog and two cats

6. My favorite wild life: Love them all especially baby animals

7. My favorite holiday: All (we do not do Halloween)

8. My hobbies other than quilting: photography and reading

9. My favorite snack: chocolate

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: sewing machine needles, rotary blades, wonderclips

11. My sewing machines: a wide variety from treadles to Featherweight to a Baby Lock Symphony

12. I collect: fabric and books (I have been collecting purple fabric to make an all purple quilt someday.)

13. My favorite music: Christian, classical and old country.

14. Quilting/sewing project: I do a wide variety including children’s quilts for charity

15. My favorite nature thing: watching the sunrise/sunset and watching the animals

16. I am allergic to: smoke, many perfumes

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item: kitchen towels and potholders

18. Favorite flowers: lots of them I like

19: Coffee/tea: both Red Rose is my favorite tea and I prefer hot chocolate and milk in my coffee

20: Family: husband and 5 Children (4 are still at home)

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): My style of quilting is a little of this and a little of that (i.e., patchwork, modern, traditional, artsy, paper-piecing, applique, hand, machine, etc.

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: Andes mints

More information can be found in my user notes

Comment

1. My favorite color: Red

2. My least favorite color: I like most colors but I guess least favorite might be avocado green.

3. My favorite winter activity: Reading and sewing

4. My favorite summer activity: Gardening, reading and sewing and going to the beach

5. I have a pet and it is: A cat named Myrtle

6. My favorite wild life: Deer

7. My favorite holiday: Tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Reading, gardening, knitting and crocheting

9. My favorite snack: Chocolate

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Pins and sewing machine needles

11. My sewing machines: Pfaff, Brother embroidery machine and a Brother sewing machine, Featherweight, My aunt's Model 15 Singer, My Grandmother's White, a Model 66 Treadle and a Dressmaker that we found in my sister-in-law's basement after she died (she never sewed a stitch in her life so we don't know why she had it),

12. I collect: After answering the question above, I guess sewing machines. LOL And I collect snowmen

13. My favorite music: Country and classic rock

14. Quilting/sewing project: So many..... right now a log cabin quilt but I plan on that being finished in a couple weeks, The Farmer's Wife blocks (I am hand sewing them), and UFO's too numerous to mention.

15. My favorite nature thing: Snow in the winter, flowers in the summer and fall colors in the autumn

16. I am allergic to: Nothing except aspirin

18. Favorite flowers: Geraniums, marigolds, mums, petunias.

19: Coffee/tea: Tea (English Breakfast, Lipton, etc.)

20: Family: Married (2nd hubby). Between us we have 6 children (he has twin girls and I have 4 boys), and six grandchildren - 3 boys and 3 girls

21: Other: (please add as you see fit): I am thrilled with anything from my Secret Santa. The thought and time spent on the gifts is always very much appreciated.

One thing we added last year was favorite candy: Kit Kats
                        Last edited by Ginny B; February 29, 2020, 12:03 PM.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 43
                        Comments: 287

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                          Willcox and Gibbs
                          by chelea
                          Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                          Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                        • KPH
                          My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                          by KPH
                          Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                          November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                        • KPH
                          Secret Santa Arrivals
                          by KPH
                          Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                          November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                        • Monique
                          It has arrived
                          by Monique
                          My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                          November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                        • KPH
                          New Leader needed for 2021
                          by KPH
                          We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                          November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                        Working...
                        X