Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drum Roll Please! Here are the Themes and Techniques for Secret Santa 2020

Secret Santa 2020 Themes and Techniques

We had so many wonderful suggestions for themes and techniques this year. I think there will be a variety of options for all of us!

So, here we go! Drum roll, please!

January- Red Rover by KPH

February- Curves by DZDucks

March- Pets and Wildlife by Carlie Wolf

April- “Made by Hand” by Cowgirl Quilter
    Put away the machine and make something the old fashioned way. Hand quilting ( includes big stitch), embroidery, knitting and crochet, hand stitched ornaments, beading, other hand crafts..

May- Pretty in Pink (Green)
    Or
    Get out of Town by Carol 336

June- Sweet Berry (anything fruit related) by Simply Quilting

July- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (I’m sorry, it must have been one of my brainless days, I’m not sure who sent this in.)

August- Disappearing Blocks by AMG

September- Foundation or Paper Piecing by Crafty Chris

October- Applique or Embroidery by Auntimern

November- Santa Claus
    Or
    Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese
    Or
    Scrappy, Happy Scrappy by AMG

Alternates- 1. Trapunto by Crafty Chris
    2. Picnic or the Great Outdoors - DZDucks
    3. You can choose an alternative from the above extra choices,
    Ie, If you do Pretty in Pink for your May choice, you may use
    Get Out of Town as one of your alternatives.

Remember: You may choose any two themes during the year to switch out for your own chosen theme. You may also purchase, instead of hand make, any three projects during the year. A purchased gift must have a dollar value of at least $8
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

They look like fun ideas for the year. I can't wait to get started figuring out what to make!!!!

Comment

Yay! Lots of great themes! Just enough challenge to keep things interesting too!

Comment

I'm excited about the flying geese. I was looking through my bookmarks and have about 5 dedicated to flying geese. I guess it's time to find out which one works the best for me!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a great selection! Have got a multitude of ideas racing through my mind. It's even possible that I have 2 of the months almost done. Now to think about the rest of them.....

Comment

Those are awesome, now to put on my thinking cap. Although it may take me a few months to think about it.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Awesome themes! Ideas are running through my brain.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Great ideas....now to figure out what I am going to make.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                Type: Public
                Topics: 44
                Comments: 299

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X