Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technique Ideas for this year's Secret Santa Theme

Hi ya'll,

We've gotten some really cool ideas for themes for this year's Secret Santa. Are there any techniques you'd like to try out this year?

We've had paper piecing on our list for two years. Can you think of a technique you'd like to try out for our 2020 Secret Santa? Trapunto? or applique?

Happy New Year to you all!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Hi - I'd like to do some foundation piecing. Have done a bit but I'm intrigued how everything is "back to front" when you do it. Have never tried trapunto but would like to give it a try.

Comment

Oops! I meant to say Happy New Year to everyone too. But alas it hasn't been that happy so far. Canberra is shrouded with smoke, lives and properties have been lost over Oz, people have been displaced and my little town that I moved from is under siege with anticipation that it will be badly affected in the next 24 hours. So lots of adjusting for many people. Not a good start to the year.......

Comment

How about curves? I haven’t ever done any blocks with curves and will probably need to learn how to do them eventually.

Comment

Chris, It's been horrible just hearing about what's happening from a far. Stay safe! I know you'll be checking in with your friends from where you lived. Lifting prayers.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Applique would be fun to do. Maybe embroidery for people that have an embroidery machine...or even hand embroidered. I received a set of beuatiful hand embroidered towels a few years ago, and I absolutely treasure them.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Happy belated New Year

I'm not sure if this will qualify, but what about "disappearing" blocks? I've been kind of nervous to try on a whole quikt, other than a DPN (because that's only 2 cuts, lol) but maybe if it's a theme I'd try it. I love all of Jenny's tutorials on disappear8ng pinwheel & hourglass. One larger block could be a pillow from, several coukd be s table runner or placemats, etc - doesn't have to be a whole quilt.

Comment

I like that idea too AMG. Tried a disappearing block around 4 years ago and failed miserably and haven't had the courage to try it again since. And yet I've seen some I liked. I'd probably appreciate a "reason" to try it again too :-)
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                Type: Public
                Topics: 45
                Comments: 311

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X