Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa Rules for 2020

Rules SECRET SANTA 2020

All Participants must post to group discussion at least once a month to keep up-to-date with admins. Discussions could be on how things are going with theme, projects, suggestions, about you section, questions, etc. (Meeting Deadlines is an important part in the smooth running of this potentially large Group.) Deadlines not met can effect the whole Group. Please be considerate of your moderator and other group members!)

You will receive a list of all project themes the first week in February. You will receive January’s theme right away for those of you who wish to get started. January’s theme is: Red Rover, Red Rover. Choose a childhood game and let your imagination soar.
    Those who have indicated they would like to be part of the theme drawing will hear from me January 20 if your name was drawn from the hat. I need to hear back from you NLT January 25. If I do not hear from you by the deadline with your selected theme an alternative name will be drawn and your name will be dropped from the list.

3. We will accept new members until March 15 at which time the Group will be closed to new members. In the event that you have to resign please do so prior to August 15 if at all possible. If you need to resign please contact the moderator so she can take you out of the Secret Santa naming pool.

4. We will have a progress check on June 15. All members must email me a copy of at least 4 gifts you have made by that date. Any member who does not email me pictures or get in touch with me concerning progress problems will be dropped from the membership list and we will make an adjustment to the Secret Santa names where necessary. (We are sorry this is required but we had a problem last year). I will remind you of this deadline.

Shipping Deadline is December 1st for USPS within the States. Moderator MUST receive shipping date and tracking number for all packages once they are sent. Do not send the tracking number to the person you are Secret Santa to, tracking numbers need to be emailed to me at: [email protected]. Please also include your forum name and real name. The emergency box will be shipped on December 10 if I am not notified that a box was shipped by then along with it’s tracking number. Contact me for Auntiemern’s address and your gifts can be shipped to her as an emergency replacement box for 2020.

International Shipping. International shipping became more expensive last year. Packages shipped out by the old deadline hit a whopping $100-$130!! It has been brought to our attention that packages shipped internationally NLT the last week in Sept, first week in Oct can go out as a standard parcel and receives a cheaper rate. It takes 4 to 12 weeks for delivery. We are therefore moving the International Shipping date up to Sept 25 to help defray the costs. Unfortunately, this will also most likely mean that we will need a minimum of 2 members who ship internationally in order to have international members in the group.

6. Once you open your package (on Christmas morning/Christmas Eve) you need to send a thank you note to your Secret Santa as it is good manners to do so. You may post that in the Group Discussions and we also would like you to post the gifts you received in the Group Gallery.

7. You may choose any two themes during the year to switch out for your own chosen theme. You may also purchase, instead of hand make, any three projects during the year. A purchased gift must have a dollar value of at least $8

As stated this is a rough draft of the rules and they will be amended as needed. Please respond that you have read and agreed to these rules and make any suggestions as all suggestions are welcome and will be considered. Please be considerate and meet all deadlines.

You will receive a questionaire to fill out that assists the moderator in facilitating this group. Please fill out and return to the moderator promptly :-)

Enjoy Secret Santa 2019. We are here to help you and answer any questions you have. You will be reminded during the year of all deadlines.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Read and agree :-) Thank you KPH
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Read and agree :-) Thank you KPH
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Read & agree. Thanks for being our new moderator.

Comment

Read and agree. I had so much fun doing this last year. Thanks for being moderator this year.
          sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

WHoo hoo, we're starting to grow. I agree, Cowgirl quilter. I've had so much fun being a part of this group.
            Katrina

Comment

Read and agree. Woohoo. Ready to get started again. Thanks KPH for taking the reins. And thanks Noel for another wonderful experience in the 2019 group.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Read and agree with all the rules. Thanks for letting me participate. Have had a lot of fun in previous years.

Comment

Read and agree. Thank you for being our new moderator. Looking forward to a great year

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. I am looking forward to the 2020 swap. Thanks Katrina.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Read & agreed! Thanks for taking on the moderation, KPH!

Comment

Read and agree. Thanks katrina. Ready to get started!!!

Comment

Agreed, this should be fun.

Comment

Read and agree. I can't wait to get started.

0 Thanks

Comment

Now that there is room for my brains in my head.... I've sent out membership questionnaires to everyone that has joined our merry band of Santas. Please be sure to fill them out if you haven't done so already. ;-)
                              Katrina

Comment

Secret Santa 2020

About this Group

Secret Santa 2020

Membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2020 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will rec
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 45
                              Comments: 308

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X